GDT: Sabres (5-0-1) @ Ducks (4-2-0) 10/16, 10:00PM

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Jack makes the Sabres go. Take way Jack, no Sabres. We saw that when he's injured. I agree that he got ground down rather than gave up. It's not easy to make that 3rd and 4th effort when you're beat.

His locker room interview clearly demonstrated that he's physically beat....

I think they missed a chance to give Jack a boost in the 3rd. Mitts was skating hard and playing well. Swapping him onto that line in place of Olofsson would have been a nice boost. Olofsson hadn’t done much of anything 5v5 and was getting smacked around. Instead they threw Mitts with Skinner/Mojo for a shift. Then broke up LOG and had them cycling on Mitts wing with Vesey on the other side.

Member 308457

I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights. My observations:

1. Looked like the Sabres could have run the Ducks out of the rink the first ten minutes. So many chances!
2. Risto is up to his old giveaways. Two ended up in the back of the net in the last two games. Big stupid.
3. Ullmark didn't match Gibson...I can't wait to give UPL a try. One of Hutton and Ullmark has to go.
4. Henrique and Rakell are Sabre killers.
5. On Getzlaf's goal, how did those two passes across the middle during the Duck power play get through?
6. Still having trouble keeping the puck out of the net the last minute of the period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights. My observations:

1. Looked like the Sabres could have run the Ducks out of the rink the first ten minutes. So many chances!
2. Risto is up to his old giveaways. Two ended up in the back of the net in the last two games. Big stupid.
3. Ullmark didn't match Gibson...I can't wait to give UPL a try. One of Hutton and Ullmark has to go.
4. Henrique and Rakell are Sabre killers.
5. On Getzlaf's goal, how did those two passes across the middle during the Duck power play get through?
6. Still having trouble keeping the puck out of the net the last minute of the period.

Yeah, Gibson held them in and then they adjusted. If one more of their 19 first period shots goes in, possibly a different outcome, even if the Ducks had adjusted. Who's to know?

Getzlaf's goal reminds me of what the Sabres PP did a few times in games prior. It was good execution.

I remain a fan of Ullmark the person. Ullmark the goalie though leaves me wanting.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad