GDT: Sabres (5-0-1) @ Ducks (4-2-0) 10/16, 10:00PM

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah I'm sitting here hoping this isn't the start of a losing streak.
West coast trips are hard to gauge. A lot of Eastern Conference teams struggle out there. Partially due to the time difference and partially due to the fact that Western Conference hockey is physical as f***.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Turning point of the game IMO Risto's give away win the D zone leading to the Ducks goal.

Compounding this was the header VO took with the feeble call by the ref. That gave the Ducks all the encouragement to play as physical as they wanted.

Reactions: brian_griffin

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Agree..... but no one has tried to walk across the crease since Jack did so and scored in the 1st.

"I might be crazy but I'm not suicidal....."

(Pssst.... keep this quiet but I think we've seen this behavior before from Jack.... which is why we hired Ralph.......)

Eh, Have to disagree on Jack. The Ducks were the first team I‘ve seen this seasons successfully maul Jack from start to finish. Other teams have tried but weren’t able to sustain it for an entire game. Even on Jack’s goal he was getting mauled. I think he just got neutralized/ground down. Props to the Ducks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Turning point of the game IMO Risto's give away win the D zone leading to the Ducks goal.

Compounding this was the header VO took with the feeble call by the ref. That gave the Ducks all the encouragement to play as physical as they wanted.

Silfverberg makes a great play on that puck. As much as I'd have like Risto to be harder on that, it was a really nice hand-eye play to bat that down.

If Rowney gets 5 there, it's probably a different result.

Props to Sam for diving into two scrums first to get at people - not his game, but he did it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe. I think Sheary skated today.

He's travelling with them and listed now as day-to-day. At least he DOES something when he's out there, even if it is hurtling to the ice to help the zamboni guy. He's hurtling somewhere. :biglaugh: Vesey makes me want to hurl...

Reactions: joshjull

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
He's travelling with them and listed now as day-to-day. At least he DOES something when he's out there, even if it is hurtling to the ice to help the zamboni guy. He's hurtling somewhere. :biglaugh: Vesey makes me want to hurl...
vesey was genetically engineered from vomit to be a terrible hockey player

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah I'm sitting here hoping this isn't the start of a losing streak.
A game where you get punked out and have sand kicked in your face can go one of two ways:

-Like that night in Boston that signaled the death of the Miller era Sabres.

Or

-Like the rematch after the Pens were yucking it up after caving in DP's face and beating up on the sad sack Isles: The Isles delivered an almighty beatdown of the Pens that caused crybaby Mario to cry that it wasn't fair the Isles refused to get kicked around any more. It ended up being a huge turning point with the team making the postseason in 3 of the next 4 seasons.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
A game where you get punked out and have sand kicked in your face can go one of two ways:

-Like that night in Boston that signaled the death of the Miller era Sabres.

Or

-Like the rematch after the Pens were yucking it up after caving in DP's face and beating up on the sad sack Isles: The Isles delivered an almighty beatdown of the Pens that caused crybaby Mario to cry that it wasn't fair the Isles refused to get kicked around any more. It ended up being a huge turning point with the team making the postseason in 3 of the next 4 seasons.
I can tell you're a wrestling fan. :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
The Sabres just plain got beat up. Kind of figured they would have problems with physical teams. Oh well, we also knew they weren't going to win them all.

Dahlin seemed to have way too many turnovers tonight, though. Seems like the league has learned to hit him and that will take him out of his game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, I'm out!

Finally able to beech about these guys fir real. Oak-ay to pine about what might have been, but I'll go out on a limb here and say they will need to bounce back after being felled in Anaheim and not be stumped by the Kings.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Eh, Have to disagree on Jack. The Ducks were the first team I‘ve seen this seasons successfully maul Jack from start to finish. Other teams have tried but weren’t able to sustain it for an entire game. Even on Jack’s goal he was getting mauled. I think he just got neutralized/ground down. Props to the Ducks.

Jack makes the Sabres go. Take way Jack, no Sabres. We saw that when he's injured. I agree that he got ground down rather than gave up. It's not easy to make that 3rd and 4th effort when you're beat.

His locker room interview clearly demonstrated that he's physically beat....

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Silfverberg makes a great play on that puck. As much as I'd have like Risto to be harder on that, it was a really nice hand-eye play to bat that down.

If Rowney gets 5 there, it's probably a different result.

Props to Sam for diving into two scrums first to get at people - not his game, but he did it.
Not to prolong this but the rest of the team did not react and cover very well after Risto's turnover. That goal set the tone for the Ducks comeback. We never recovered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad