Sep 19, 2008
I'm at the Commanders game with a fm radio I can't even find the broadcast

Is it being aired over radio

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
How has my boy CMM looked?
Locker says he's been the best Caps player on the ice. But, obviously, he's paid to say that.

I've only been half paying attention to the game, so I'm sure I missed plenty. But all I've noticed so far are a couple of good scoring chances ruined by--surprise!--his shot going wide. Also, a couple of turnovers and a penalty. So I haven't seen anything impressive, and he's a guy who needs to impress.

Reactions: tycoonheart

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Iorio looking really good.

Interesting that Snively got some PK time. Hopefully they keep him around.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Not bad, saw him coasting once on a scramble in front of his own net I didn't like. Stick on his knees just outside his own crease while his guys fought for it on the other side of the crease. He's got to stop trying to pick corners and get the puck on net. He had 3 good chances I can think of where he tried to pick a corner and didn't even register a shot on net.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I still don't get the Gustafsson signing. PP2 can be handled by Orlov and it's not like he's dynamic to the point where his limitations are compensated enough to overlook them. It's going to take a while to come around on that if that's what happens.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Boy, the youngins - CMM, Protas, Lappy - looked lost and ineffective on that shootout. I guess Protas hit the post.

I’m really worried CMM just doesn’t have a NHL level shot.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Boy, the youngins - CMM, Protas, Lappy - looked lost and ineffective on that shootout. I guess Protas hit the post.

I’m really worried CMM just doesn’t have a NHL level shot.
I would argue actually his shot is easily one of his best assets. He is lacking confidence right now. That’s what happens when you have a season like last season. Lavi did nothing to build his confidence. Dude should have been in Hershey playing in every situation instead of watching most games with his whopping 5 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ah great, kicking off the pre/season with a game on NHL Network that I can't watch via any of the streaming services I pay for.

I totally understand. I counted about 5 regular season games I won't be able to watch due to TNT and then there is the NHL Network games I haven't checked. The good thing is I didn't see a lot of Cbus or Pittsburgh games where lockout will effect me. I'll watch this game later.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
What happens to McMichael if he can’t force the coaching staff to have him play C? It’s LW or Hershey pretty much, right?
Can’t imagine a world where McMichael played 68 games last season and is sent to Hershey this season.

Given you’re going to have at least 3 forwards on LTIR to start the season and then doing the salary math of if/when we see their return, a guy like McMichael who is on an ELC and has been slotted in all over the roster is most definitely going to get his best look this season. Also keep in mind, beyond not having Backstrom, Wilson, and Hagelin to start our season, we also are icing a team with 8 forwards over the age of 30. I think we will see many young guys get their extended shot this season much like last year.

Now do we actually get to see him get an earnest look at C? That’s the real question. I think injuries will necessitate that sooner or later.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Just the pre-season but that's the sort of effort you'd like from Fehervary. Nine hits as well in a game where no one else had more than two. Protas did well for himself. Hard to figure where room for him could be made but he's closing in on being ready. It seems like just about all he could gain from Hershey is further work on FO/PK/defense type roles to expand his versatility. The skating is improving and the upside is enough that if they wanted to he could be a 5v5 regular I'm sure.

IMO there's a non-zero chance Iorio is already better than Gustafsson. Really interested in how the 3LD/reserve battle plays out, though I doubt it's truly an open competition. It's just one game but hard to say Gustafsson can hang physically and I'm not sure I see the sense in an older, smaller Cholowski type. It's likely a better idea to just let Orlov handle PP2 duties and go with a more fundamentally sound defender.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Just the pre-season but that's the sort of effort you'd like from Fehervary. Nine hits as well in a game where no one else had more than two. Protas did well for himself. Hard to figure where room for him could be made but he's closing in on being ready. It seems like just about all he could gain from Hershey is further work on FO/PK/defense type roles to expand his versatility. The skating is improving and the upside is enough that if they wanted to he could be a 5v5 regular I'm sure.

IMO there's a non-zero chance Iorio is already better than Gustafsson. Really interested in how the 3LD/reserve battle plays out, though I doubt it's truly an open competition. It's just one game but hard to say Gustafsson can hang physically and I'm not sure I see the sense in an older, smaller Cholowski type. It's likely a better idea to just let Orlov handle PP2 duties and go with a more fundamentally sound defender.

I didn't watch the game (surprise!) but yeah, the numbers were solid for Fehervary. I am dying to be wrong about him because it would make Washington's D corps all the more formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad