Rumor: Saad Speculation by Friedman

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Friedman is grasping at straws here as usual. Saad is on L1 PP2. The tiff with Torts is a non-story anyway...plenty of people could get beat 1v1 by Tarasenko in OT. That's just sour grapes from Torts. Bad journalism. Saad is the one guy who I always have thought is worth his $5.5M contract. He's going nowhere.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
If those are the 2 main examples, then I think Torts has done a good job not liking the right people so far.

This. Johansen isn't quite up to par so far in Nashville that's for sure. Tyuts was just washed up. If Nutivaara for Tyutin is the trade-off I'll take it every day.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think there's something to the "Tortorella doesn't like him" stuff. They put on a happy face about it for the media, sure, but ask Johansen and Tyutin how that worked out for them.

Torts doesn't care. It might be a "player is pissed at Torts" and that's nothing new or even undesired. Torts likes to build a team mentality where he is a bit of a hated outsider. He himself is the one ginning up a lot of this stuff.

The Johansen issue predated Torts. If anything mgmt brought in Torts because they wanted to give Johansen a kick. Tyutin was done. He played a lot better after getting benched, before falling back again and getting bought out. There wasn't a Tortorella issue there.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Non story. Only mentioned because Saad was almost scratched after messing up in 2 OTs and came back strong. Has been 0 issues since. Anyone mentioning RyJo as an example why this is true is offbase. Joey had laziness issues before last year and to start the year he had big conditioning issues and when torts came in he was getting benched like crazy for his effort. Look at his production and play so far this year. I wanted him.traded last year and literally would go to the main boards trade section refreshing every day hoping to see Jones for ryjo and one day I said it out loud and went to the page and it said it at the top and I was amazed we got it done.

Saad is a winner and a core piece. He is only moved if we get an overpay and a 1C.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Don't see this happening. They have a solid group of forwards, and he is arguably the best of them. They now have a 1c, as Wennberg is developing. Foligno, Jenner and Atkinson help out big time as well, and Dubinsky is a fine middle-6 center. Never been a Hartnell fan, but he is ok. And they have a decent defense now that Werenski is in. In goal, Bob is a good goalie when healthy. I'm an outsider (TB) but this team isn't half bad, and trading Saad could ruin that.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^
Nice mea culpa by Friedman.....I like him a lot, feel he's one of the most respected hockey guys out there, but I think he was looking for filler on his latest article, and threw this in there.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, it wasn't great... "Oh, Saad was about to be a healthy scratch, maybe CBJ want to move him for cap reasons." Fails to note we are top 10 in the league for most cap space and only Wennberg is likely to see a pay raise next season.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
"So, 'very curious to see where it goes' means exactly that. Let's see where it goes."

Where what goes? What's "it"? Give me a break

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
From now on Im avoiding the media hype, avoiding the mains & just watching my Jackets on the tube.. or stream whichever works

For criminy sakes we are listening to a guy that never played hockey for a second in his frigging life & waiting with baited breath

Saader is safe.. I picked up a CMac jersey the other day

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
We love Saad. I think most of the coaching staff does too. He had one or two games where he needed a foot up his arse, but young players need that kind of reminder now and then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad