Confirmed with Link: Saad Signed

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
My guess is he does and I wouldn't be surprised if it is this year. I don't know what kind of PP time he got with Chicago, but I'd have to think he will get more with Columbus. Plus, it isn't like playing with Johansen will be a bad thing. I expect something around 28g and 32a from him this year, but wouldn't be surprised to see him score more.
TOI for last season

Saad: 17:15 total ice time/game (2:11 PP, 1:04 PK)

Johansen: 19:30 total ice time/game (2:52 PP, 1:20 PK)

Foligno: 18:49 total ice time/game (2:31 PP, 1:20 PK)

All in all, 5 CBJ forwards had more ice time per game than Saad last season (Hartnell, Jenner, Dubinsky.. in addition to those listed above).

I think Saad could play somewhere between 18-19 mins/game here and get a little more PP/PK time. A boost to ~60 points next season is not at all unreasonable. I'm excited :)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Btw, Saad is a monster at even strength. 21 goals and 21 assists EVS. Can you believe that? Less than 14 minutes per game of 5v5 for Saad and he'd still be a 20+ goal scorer :laugh:

Saad = 2 goals + 8 assists on PP last year

Johansen = 7 goals + 19 assists on PP last year

Foligno = 11 goals + 15 assists on PP last year

Saad's gonna get a huge boost on that PP.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We'll see. He's a very good player, but top 10? We'll see. I'm not sure he'll reach 30 goals.

May not but even at something like 25 & 25 he'll be worth that for the next 6 years. Plus the real important thing to me is that he comes up for renewal at same time Foligno & Dubi do & Clarkson is done and one year after Hartnell is done so there should be $ to resign him if it is warranted which I'm assuming it will be.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
TOI for last season

Saad: 17:15 total ice time/game (2:11 PP, 1:04 PK)

Johansen: 19:30 total ice time/game (2:52 PP, 1:20 PK)

Foligno: 18:49 total ice time/game (2:31 PP, 1:20 PK)

All in all, 5 CBJ forwards had more ice time per game than Saad last season (Hartnell, Jenner, Dubinsky.. in addition to those listed above).

I think Saad could play somewhere between 18-19 mins/game here and get a little more PP/PK time. A boost to ~60 points next season is not at all unreasonable. I'm excited :)

Thank you

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
May not but even at something like 25 & 25 he'll be worth that for the next 6 years. Plus the real important thing to me is that he comes up for renewal at same time Foligno & Dubi do & Clarkson is done and one year after Hartnell is done so there should be $ to resign him if it is warranted which I'm assuming it will be.

Also I think this contract setup is very ideal. He'll be getting paid nearly identical to Johansen for the remainder of Joey's RFA years, so that keeps things in check for the rest of the upcoming RFAs in their next few deals.

Good points

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Btw, Saad is a monster at even strength. 21 goals and 21 assists EVS. Can you believe that? Less than 14 minutes per game of 5v5 for Saad and he'd still be a 20+ goal scorer :laugh:

Thanks for the info.

Unreal that some think that he won't hit 30 goals playing with Johansen along with some PP time:laugh: Doubt that they even bothered to look up the breakdown before offering such "insight":shakehead.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Yeah, that is what I thought it would be. I didn't think he scored much on the PP. I just love how other fans think we don't score or that he is now playing with guys who aren't any good. They will soon realize.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Expected a 6x6 even though I think it's a slight bit much. Was hoping for $5.5 AAV, but if he keeps improving it will be more than worth it.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Count me in too, I am very thankful for this team

Thank you

Thank you Mr Mac, JD, JK & TR..this is a great day in the history of CBJ hockey & probably one of the first times in our history that we are icing a very competitive team going into training camp. Collectively one of the youngest, and hard working teams in the NHL. Good on ya's and happy 4th of July!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Thanks for the info.

Unreal that some think that he won't hit 30 goals playing with Johansen along with some PP time:laugh: Doubt that they even bothered to look up the breakdown before offering such "insight":shakehead.
Yep, let's look at Hartnell's PP production. 8 goals and 8 assists last season. If Saad can replicate that he's already a 30+ goal scorer. That doesn't count any potential SHG or an increase in 5v5 goals due to increased ice time.

He's gonna be a good one.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

This right here gets me even more pumped. Sounds like we'll be in a solid spot. :yo:

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014
After a crappy morning of finding out that my employer has been bought out by another company, coming home to find out that Saad has signed his contract for 6 years is a fantastic and needed bit of good news.

Really, really like our top 6. The Metropolitan is becoming fearsome.

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Saad is not a top 10 in the league but he is clearly a special prototype hockey player and he'll be awesome in CBJ and it's a perfect fit with the identity jarmo id building

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah, that is what I thought it would be. I didn't think he scored much on the PP. I just love how other fans think we don't score or that he is now playing with guys who aren't any good. They will soon realize.

I dont think most NHL fans think it's possible to win a Stanley Cup and be traded to a team with a even better offense than the one you just came from. :yo:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
After a crappy morning of finding out that my employer has been bought out by another company, coming home to find out that Saad has signed his contract for 6 years is a fantastic and needed bit of good news.

Really, really like our top 6. The Metropolitan is becoming fearsome.

You work for Humana?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is a lot to pay a 22 year old, but we got him through age 28 and it will surely be a value contract! This is less than what the Sabres just signed O'Reilly for. (The much older, less good O'Reilly). I'm thrilled.

Thanks for the info.

I have no idea if he'll score 30, but you might be disappointed. Saad hasn't established himself as a big goal scorer. Adding a couple extra minutes of PP time doesn't guarantee anything. I'll guess 27G 33A if he gets the best minutes possible.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
An important piece to Saad's contract is he will not make more $ than Joey. The front office is showing respect to agents and players.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
This is a lot to pay a 22 year old, but we got him through age 28 and it will surely be a value contract! This is less than what the Sabres just signed O'Reilly for. (The much older, less good O'Reilly). I'm thrilled.

I have no idea if he'll score 30, but you might be disappointed. Saad hasn't established himself as a big goal scorer. Adding a couple extra minutes of PP time doesn't guarantee anything. I'll guess 27G 33A if he gets the best minutes possible.
Saad has scored 37 even strength goals over the past 2 seasons. That's more than Foligno. I think he'll be plenty enough a big goal scorer :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad