Confirmed with Link: Saad Signed

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
lol @ CBJ fan paranoia. Looking forward to you heading into town soon to scout things out and have an official press conference.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline now7 seconds ago
Saad's deal carries a $6m salary cap hit. Starts at $4m this season and goes up from there.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We'll see. He's a very good player, but top 10? We'll see. I'm not sure he'll reach 30 goals.

My guess is he does and I wouldn't be surprised if it is this year. I don't know what kind of PP time he got with Chicago, but I'd have to think he will get more with Columbus. Plus, it isn't like playing with Johansen will be a bad thing. I expect something around 28g and 32a from him this year, but wouldn't be surprised to see him score more.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We'll see. He's a very good player, but top 10? We'll see. I'm not sure he'll reach 30 goals.

I think he has the potential to hit 30. But I agree he's not a top 10 player in the nhl. I got BLASTED on the mains when I asked if Joey was a top 15 player in the NHL and I think Johansen is better than Saad.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Also I think this contract setup is very ideal. He'll be getting paid nearly identical to Johansen for the remainder of Joey's RFA years, so that keeps things in check for the rest of the upcoming RFAs in their next few deals.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I am betting $100 he reaches 30 goals and approaches 70 pts

playing with Joey and Nick Those folks that were saying he cannot finnish were talking out on breakaways.. he does have the speed to get there, but he makes his money chipping in rebounds and tap ins off setups.. and that is something that should happen quite often getting top line minutes with two very talented linemates. Plus he should be top pairing on specialties as well

Not to say he wasn't playing with talent in Chicago in Toews and Kane, but they are finishers for Chicago, Saad was a secondary piece - now will be primary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad