Saad=Reborn

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Duchene at 8m just doesn’t do it for me, not when we can spend the extra million for Panarin and we know exactly what he and Kane can do.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You move Saad and AA. Sign Stone and MD. Move Schmaltz to wing with 12-19. Bring over Shulanov as a top 9 center.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No way to him at 8 but him at less yes.

I bring up 8m is because I recall a mainboard thread from summer where it was like “Duchene eying next summer after Tavares contract” and then 7.5-8m was tossed out.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You move Saad and AA. Sign Stone and MD. Move Schmaltz to wing with 12-19. Bring over Shulanov as a top 9 center.

I’m all aboard Stone. Think he’s a perfect fit for JT. Lets say that Saad puts up 50-55 points this year, team makes playoffs and he’s part of the reason. You still move him to give Duchene a 49-56m contract for 7 years instead of taking maybe a little less offensive production but maintaining more long term cap leverage? I probably don’t in that scenario. But a lot of knowlegable people on here seem in for signing Duchene so maybe he’s better than I’m giving credit for...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I’m all aboard Stone. Think he’s a perfect fit for JT. Lets say that Saad puts up 50-55 points this year, team makes playoffs and he’s part of the reason. You still move him to give Duchene a 49-56m contract for 7 years instead of taking maybe a little less offensive production but maintaining more long term cap leverage? I probably don’t in that scenario.

7 million vs 6 million. I would go for it.

I also assume a Seabs compliance buyout.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Stone is making $7.35 for this season, that was a 1 year re-up from his hometown team, pretty sure he doesn't get anything under $8.5mil in the open market for 7 years...Evander Kane makes $7 mil, no chance Stone gets $500k more for being a much better all around player....though Kane has looked good this year as well..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Guess I should have read a few posts at the beginning of the thread. Let's hope Saad has turned a corner.
just felt the need to reward his play with a positive thread since the entire HF Boards seemed to consider him used toilet paper at this point...he obviously needs to keep it up, and I can deal with 2 out of 3 games being solid...take that and run.

did anyone even notice Kreider last night?? pretty ironic how similar these two are, and hell they share the same #20 as well.. Kreider is a guy that can almost single handily take down a team and then go completely absent for the next 4-5 games...I just dont get it.

Reactions: BK

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Guess I should have read a few posts at the beginning of the thread. Let's hope Saad has turned a corner.

In your defense it is getting harder and harder on here to tell if there is sarcasm in a post with the trolls and random posters.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
seen a handful of chicago games the last few weeks, but was wondering how saad has played
lately. seemed to be getting his chances in the times i saw him. would be nice fit as boston's 2RW.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
seen a handful of chicago games the last few weeks, but was wondering how saad has played
lately. seemed to be getting his chances in the times i saw him. would be nice fit as boston's 2RW.

He generally stinks.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Donato and a 1st at the deadline

i don't see boston trading a 1st round pick after doing it last year for nash. lots of prospects in the system
worth a look though. donato/bjork/heinen + another prospect (zboril or cehlarik?) could work. how's saad's
game lately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad