Saad=Reborn

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saad is back....but one or two games (he hit 2 posts prior game) Does NOT $6.0 be justified...let us see if he can fulfill the"normal" expected return for that cash over the rest of the seson with the proviso that every player's has at least 20 stinkers out of 82...and for a $6.0 value you expect at least 42 good games and 20 average /just OK games to make up for the 20 stinkers..the $10.5 star players you expect 32 great games and 30 good games to go along with the 20 MIA games ...

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It was nice to see him playing like that second time in a row.

This team is frustrating. Against Jackets and Tampa we look like Detroit and then we show little bit life against Ducks. We are lacking two of our top-4 D and Q isnt playing the optimal lineup.

Could this team really compete?

Reactions: LDF

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
With what we're seeing from this team so far and it's a small sample size .. I think they can compete for a playoff spot.
Going deep would be a stretch but if the team continues to grow together and the vets all keep on contributing to their level than maybe .. just maybe!

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
Glad to see Saad recovering. Everyone goes through slump and in this country club environment its too easy to get lazy.
Do not think this team can compete - lost too much depth (Hartman/Vinnie/TVR for Kunitz/Martinsen/etc) so such games just keep the coach and prolong the inevitable slow decline.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's one game...

I love what he did but cautious optimism is the watchword. He's now gotta keep it going..
it has been 3 games now...just sayin' lol

but you can see what he is capable of doing, and when Saad is on, I am sorry, he is just as impactful if not more than Panarin is, just in different ways. the havoc he causes with his speed and crashing the net has to make teams adjust their strategy and focus on removing him from the paint...that opens up the ice for Kane, AA, whoever is on his line..

he most certainly has to keep it up, but now the problem for Saad is this - he has shown what he can do, the cat is out of the bag - he can't go back to lazy play anymore and get away with it once you show this type of play.

and kudos to Q, and I mean that,. he didn't threaten to sit/scratch Saad last year, at least I can't recall it...Q did the right thing here with a player that has tons of talent and skill but wasnt't giving the effort or fire he needs..I have to give Q some credit for doing something he rarely does - though he did scratch Seabs last year for a game I believe as well..

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
it has been 3 games now...just sayin' lol

but you can see what he is capable of doing, and when Saad is on, I am sorry, he is just as impactful if not more than Panarin is, just in different ways. the havoc he causes with his speed and crashing the net has to make teams adjust their strategy and focus on removing him from the paint...that opens up the ice for Kane, AA, whoever is on his line..

he most certainly has to keep it up, but now the problem for Saad is this - he has shown what he can do, the cat is out of the bag - he can't go back to lazy play anymore and get away with it once you show this type of play.

and kudos to Q, and I mean that,. he didn't threaten to sit/scratch Saad last year, at least I can't recall it...Q did the right thing here with a player that has tons of talent and skill but wasnt't giving the effort or fire he needs..I have to give Q some credit for doing something he rarely does - though he did scratch Seabs last year for a game I believe as well..
2 games at best, and even then Saad was one of the 18 guys responsible for that fecal fest against Tampa.

Same happened last year--Saad (and everyone) was on a tear early, and then what happened?

I'm not trying to knock Saad's play--which was awesome and he was robbed of the 1st star, but in all reality he's has only one complete, solid game this year that just happened. That's awesome and sorely needed. But now he's gotta keep at it.

Cautious optimism..just like for Joker, Keith, Crawford (at least in the brainpan health dept.), Gus, etc. They've shown some great flashes but the gotta keep it going.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It was nice to see him playing like that second time in a row.

This team is frustrating. Against Jackets and Tampa we look like Detroit and then we show little bit life against Ducks. We are lacking two of our top-4 D and Q isnt playing the optimal lineup.

Could this team really compete?
YES ~!!!!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
2 games at best, and even then Saad was one of the 18 guys responsible for that fecal fest against Tampa.

Same happened last year--Saad (and everyone) was on a tear early, and then what happened?

I'm not trying to knock Saad's play--which was awesome and he was robbed of the 1st star, but in all reality he's has only one complete, solid game this year that just happened. That's awesome and sorely needed. But now he's gotta keep at it.

Cautious optimism..just like for Joker, Keith, Crawford (at least in the brainpan health dept.), Gus, etc. They've shown some great flashes but the gotta keep it going.

I hope you understand that Saad=Reborn is of course not a done deal...just a nice sign of what he can do and deserving of some recognition from being shit on the past 3-4 weeks by Hawks posters including myself and HF and others as a whole.

Now I will disagree on the maybe 2 games, the guy has been legitimately the best forward/top 3 forward for 3 games now...even on the 4th line prior to the Lightning he was buzzing around out there just no luck in scoring. He was noticeable. Against the Lightning he hit 2 posts I believe and was flying out there...and yes that game was putrid but still need to take positives from horrible games too, and he was it.

We are all cautiously optimistic, and nobody is jumping off the ledge here with Saad, but if he can at least play like this 3 out of 4 games this year, he hits 50-60 points hands down and becomes that impact player our top 6 desperately needs. It is all on him, but like I said, the cat is out of the bag, this is the way he can play - can't hide it anymore..and Q will hold him accountable for once.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I hope you understand that Saad=Reborn is of course not a done deal...just a nice sign of what he can do and deserving of some recognition from being **** on the past 3-4 weeks by Hawks posters including myself and HF and others as a whole.

Now I will disagree on the maybe 2 games, the guy has been legitimately the best forward for 3 games now...even on the 4th line prior to the Lightning he was buzzing around out there just no luck in scoring. He was noticeable. Against the Lightning he hit 2 posts I believe and was flying out there...and yes that game was putrid but still need to take positives from horrible games too, and he was it.

We are all cautiously optimistic, and nobody is jumping off the ledge here with Saad, but if he can at least play like this 3 out of 4 games this year, he hits 50-60 points hands down and becomes that impact player our top 6 desperately needs. It is all on him, but like I said, the cat is out of the bag, this is the way he can play - can't hide it anymore..and Q will hold him accountable for once.
Saad biggest problem is he is sooooo feaking moody, this goes back to his last yr before being drafted.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I would trade him for Panarin in a heartbeat not extended or nothing lol

That’s not a knock on his recent play but to compare these two players is idiotic

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Skinner wouldn’t really be high on my list because I think he will be over paid.

Stone would be my target.
yeah Skinner is way too streaky, we don't need another player like that...Stone would be an absolute top target outside of Panarin as both are getting around $8.5 mil plus..we can land one of those guys and rely on a young defense which other teams are doing - Columbus, Boston (outside of 54 year old Chara, the kids are playing), etc...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Skinner wouldn’t really be high on my list because I think he will be over paid.

Stone would be my target.
esp in the physically side.

but didn't skinner once played on the Toews line in a World - Canada team.... they had great chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad