When he plays against you
It'll be no use
Cause when you play against us...
You got the goaltendin' blues.

The goaltendin' blues
The goaltendin' blues
Oh yeah the goaltendin' blues

(repeat ad nauseum)

Not bad! You read that with the generic blues beat in mind and it fits perfectly. :laugh:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Great logic.

Carey Price's mom deserved a Star last night because she gave birth to him and if she didn't......

**** that useless tool Gauthier.

More like Carey Price doing the journey of crazy horse, only in reverse he catches everything shot his way, like one of the legendary beings The Thunders, most powerful beings anywhere!:laugh:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Ain't got no system
Ain't got no plan
Ain't got no offense
But teams don't understand

You don't need no coachin
You don't need no first line
You dont need no backcheckin
When you you got Price on your side

Give us whatever
Give all you got
I aint ready for nothin'
But it'll be all for not

Cause when THE MAN's out against you
That's when you'll know
We don't need nothin'
We're a one man show...

I said
It'll be no use

The goaltendin' blues
The goaltendin' blues

(repeat ad nauseum)

Ain't gonna dump and chase in therriens system no more

No i ain't gonna dump and chase in therriens system no more

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Ain't got no system
Ain't got no plan
Ain't got no offense
But teams don't understand

You don't need no coachin
You don't need no first line
You dont need no backcheckin
When you you got Price on your side

Give us whatever
Give all you got
I aint ready for nothin'
But it'll be all for not

Cause when THE MAN's out against you
That's when you'll know
We don't need nothin'
We're a one man show...

I said
It'll be no use

The goaltendin' blues
The goaltendin' blues

(repeat ad nauseum)

pIA8frB.jpg

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Honestly though, no one knows the teams record when Pacioretty and Plekanec are together?

Or how many points Plekanec made during his first stint centering Patches? I believe Galch scored more points.

What's that website where you can see the pairings and how many points they've made?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Or how many points Plekanec made during his first stint centering Patches? I believe Galch scored more points.

What's that website where you can see the pairings and how many points they've made?

Wish I knew, cause I'd just look it up myself.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Honestly though, no one knows the teams record when Pacioretty and Plekanec are together?

Our lines are way too fuzy and players are constantly shuffled around from period to period. It's actually impossible to determine how many games two guys have played together. :laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Our lines are way too fuzy and players are constantly shuffled around from period to period. It's actually impossible to determine how many games two guys have played together. :laugh:

That's what I figured. Would be nice to find out though because I'm quite sure it's good.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

I don't know but when they're on the ice together 5v5, the team has a Corsi For% of 45.3% (data compiled over 149:11 of 5v5 ice-time using http://www.puckalytics.com/superwowy.html)

zPod0jc.png

If there is that kind of information out there, there has to be some place where the points are also tracked, but I can't seem to put the finger on it.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't know but when they're on the ice together, the team has a Corsi For% of 45.3% (data compiled over 149:11 of 5v5 ice-time using http://www.puckalytics.com/superwowy.html)

zPod0jc.png

If there is that kind of information out there, there has to be some place where the points are also tracked, but I can't seem to put the finger on it.

That's misleading because they are primarily together when they're killing penalties. They're not going ot have a good corsi killing penalties.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Sorry, I should have specified that the above table was using only 5v5 data.

Oh lol. Well that's not very good then. Pretty horrible actually, I'm guessing it has more to do with the system and the types of players they are. They definitely create more off the rush and nadda off the cycle and possession game.

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty are a different beast though in terms of style.

HabsDieHard*

I'd bet Plekanec and Pacioretty played a lot less with Subban-Markov in an attempt to even out the team by using the better d-pairings wtih the worse forward lines and vice versa.

They also haven't played togethre that much overall, so any stat is going to potentially be skewed by a couple of games.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Hilarious how on various networksin Canada and the US, the announcers and panelists keep saying that the Habs are garbage except for Price.

Not that I disagree with them but I don't know if we should be proud of this. lol

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Hilarious how on various networksin Canada and the US, the announcers and panelists keep saying that the Habs are garbage except for Price.

Not that I disagree with them but I don't know if we should be proud of this. lol

It's their special way of discrediting the team as though Price wasn't part of it.

HabsDieHard*

It's their special way of discrediting the team as though Price wasn't part of it.

If the Habs had league average goaltending this season their goals for/against ratio would be below zero.

Think Jimmy Howard numbers.

It's not even one of those things where if you remove Price for a sub replacement goalie they'd be bad.

It's also no different than Habs fans making claims about the high number of shots being low percentage chances which just discredits the work Price does.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
If the Habs had league average goaltending this season their goals for/against ratio would be below zero.

Think Jimmy Howard numbers.

It's not even one of those things where if you remove Price for a sub replacement goalie they'd be bad.

It's also no different than Habs fans making claims about the high number of shots being low percentage chances which just discredits the work Price does.

If it were Jimmy Howard in front of the nets the system would be different or Therrien would have been long gone. It's not, so it isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad