#'s for new Oilers

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Are you seriously expecting me to rationally explain my irrational opinion?

Best. Response. Ever.

As for the OP, #29 for Draisaitl seemed like an automatic once he made the team (which was also an automatic, IMO). It's the number he wants, it doesn't belong to anybody, and he's on the team. Makes sense.

25 for Nurse. Again, it wasn't taken, and it's the number he wore in junior and internationally. It seems to fit him, so it's the logical pick to me. We knew he wasn't going to get stuck with 74. Camp numbers don't mean a thing for anyone who wasn't already on the team.

Klefbom wore #8 internationally and in OKC, so I have to think he'll make that switch when he's given the opportunity. But even though he's on the team now, I don't think he's a lock to stay here, so he may be stuck with a "camp number" until next year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him rocking #8 come opening night.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Makes sense that some people don't like the "look" of certain numbers. I think a lot of it comes down to whether the number is aesthetically pleasing.

Different people find different things look nice.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I hope so. #55 brings back cringeful memories of Ben Eager... and Igor Ulanov...

Oh no you didn't! :shakehead

Ulanov is a freaking cult hero. Oiler fans will remember him as one of the grittiest D we've ever had. His legend grows with each story...

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Ulanov is a freaking cult hero. Oiler fans will remember him as one of the grittiest D we've ever had. His legend grows with each story...

:laugh: I was joking on the Ulanov part, if you read further down in the thread.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
Looks pretty solid

10724025_673755032738424_1451222936_n.jpg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Maybe it's time for LoweTide to change the Stan Weir mantra to Igor Ulanov. Maybe Stan's aura is gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad