Post-Game Talk: RZH continues to feast, McDavid joins in • New Pics Added!

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Think he takes 3x3?
I would think so. I don't think he's going to finish the season at his current pace which is inflated having just had a 3 point night. I think he probably puts up something between what Maroon and Chiasson put up in the 20G 40P range over the entire season. In a vacuum that might be worth more than 3M, but when you factor in playing with McDrai, the organization giving him a chance when he was at his lowest, and him seeming to be a good fit and well liked in the locker room I'd expect him to get a raise, but not a huge one.

Bones2079

Oct 2, 2019
Tier 3 Fan
I would think so. I don't think he's going to finish the season at his current pace which is inflated having just had a 3 point night. I think he probably puts up something between what Maroon and Chiasson put up in the 20G 40P range over the entire season. In a vacuum that might be worth more than 3M, but when you factor in playing with McDrai, the organization giving him a chance when he was at his lowest, and him seeming to be a good fit and well liked in the locker room I'd expect him to get a raise, but not a huge one.
He is definitely more important to the team than Chaisson is in my opinion. He can at least throw the body around and drop the mitts if needed. I'm just waiting in anticipation for him to go up against the PIM champion.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He is definitely more important to the team than Chaisson is in my opinion. He can at least throw the body around and drop the mitts if needed. I'm just waiting in anticipation for him to go up against the PIM champion.
Oh yeah I definitely agree. I only referenced Chiasson's production from last year and Maroon's 2016-17 year as the range that I could see Kassian's numbers falling between this year. I'd easily pay Kassian more than Chiasson got. I think 3 years at 2.75-3M would be pretty fair and manageable for both sides.

Reactions: Bones2079

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
There's a video on the GDT of 2 moms dance sitting to a tune during the 2nd intermission interview. It looked like, if I got the numbers right, Manning's and Benning's moms.

Also, someone mentioned that one looked like a stepmom, probably because she looked younger. Riley Sheahan had his sister (Karli) there, instead of his mom, according to Gene Principe's blog on Sportsnet.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Great win in a traditionally tough building to win in. Top line produced the flash and dash highlighted by McDavid's other worldly second goal of a hat trick night. Kassian laid the bash and skill and Draisaitl quietly put up a four pointer. Nugent Hopkins had a great 200 foot game including an elite snipe job on his second goal. He needs to put more confidence in his shot which is an undervalued strength. Rookie dmen Bear and Persson with 18 minute+ outings against a division rival is valuable development time. And Koskinen gets it done again in what has been a masterful platoon goaltending marriage. Love it.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Fun fact: even given the ups and downs of the last 10 games, if they merely continue to get 1.1 pts per game as they have been over the last ten, they basically make the playoffs (96pts). That's actually what this first quarter means. Amazing.
The way I look at the standings is just wins vs regulation losses. Right now the Oilers are +7. 96 points is +14. They've done half the season's work in a quarter of the season's games.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Ok, i saw the post with the RNH where the N tilts into a Z... but given the now extensive usage, i gotta ask. How did this start?

I think this was the convo lol. Seemed to give him "life"
upload_2019-11-11_19-54-28.png

upload_2019-11-11_19-54-54.png

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Comtois. Holzer. Getzlaf. Eakins.
If we need to hate Eakins, then we are going too far. He dug himself his own grave here and got punished. It took him a long time to get a gig in the NHL again. We benefited by getting McDavid. If anything, we should be thanking Eakins for getting McDavid and also thank him for dumping Draisaitl back to juniors.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
This is so Eakins.

He has that grim stare. Then you see his eyes glance over at the camera (so he knows he is on camera being watched) then continues with that stupid stare. What a poser.

That head turn has always reminded me of the velociraptor in Jurassic Park.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If we need to hate Eakins, then we are going too far. He dug himself his own grave here and got punished. It took him a long time to get a gig in the NHL again. We benefited by getting McDavid. If anything, we should be thanking Eakins for getting McDavid and also thank him for dumping Draisaitl back to juniors.

Naaaah. Eakins was an arrogant pompous ass. He had nothing to do with getting us anything other than embarrassed on a nightly basis. Also it’s the GM not the coach decides who goes to the minors.

Reactions: Keggatron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad