Confirmed with Link: Ryane Clowe to Rangers for NYR 2013 2nd, FLA 2013 3rd, Conditional 2nd 2014

member 116805

I like it, he is a good player. Will bounce back to form, just wait and see

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Is it really?

Sharks fans are pretty pissed and feel that they didn't get enough.

So it may actually be a pretty fair deal if both sides are annoyed.

im not reading pissed at all jon. im reading that they think we overpaid and thats pretty much what i expressed.

put me solidly in the not sure column on a 31 yr old possible rental power player who seems to have lost his hands....

but im sure torts is all over this guy as he brings lots of jam... hows that jam working for us?

ill take this guy 5 yrs ago tho no problem :nod:

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I get the scoring jokes, but the Rangers needed his grit. You can bury your head in the sand and ignore it, but you need guys like this in the playoffs.

Slight overpayment since the second was our initial pick in this draft. Would have been fine with 2 3rds. but since there was a bidding war apparently, can't complain too much.

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Clowe is a bad ass and a great hockey player having a bad year. You guys will love him. Shark tank has soooo many Clowe jerseys at games. Don't listen to all the exaggerated reports on him by ppl who don't watch all Sharks games. We fans loved him, he'll be really missed.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
its great how this team has no balls all yr , now they get a guy that's tough as nailz and people complain about the pick

hey I have an idea , how about they try and freaking win it this yr? They have played like crap but the season is not over..........Clowe is going to help the top 6

Question- how did NYR have a SJ 2nd? what deal was that from?

Also you can look at this as they deal Wolski since he got a 2nd

I am going to bet Boyle is gone for a 2nd soon

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm in the not sure category as well. Partly because I don't know if we're even making the playoffs this year, if we do its likely Habs or Pens in the first round.

And getting Clowe with the intent to re-sign lowers our chances of keeping Gaborik.

He'll probably want a 4 year deal, for a 30 year old tough player thats an age at the end of the contract.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
tired of hearing all the zero goals ********, has nobody ever heard of a change of scenery... hes got a clean slate coming to broadway, i love him as a player tough with skill a better version of prust i think he can fit right into torts' system.

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
To everyone here saying "If he resigns and does well, good trade... otherwise way too much":

That is probably the closest definition to a risky, fair trade for both sides. Just have to accept it as that. And hope for the best.

KreiMeARiver*

This is weird...I was thinking earlier in the day how we should go get Clowe. From my thoughts to Slats' ears.

I like the move a lot.

Clowe is a LW, so maybe now we can move Gaby back to his regular RW. However, that would make sense, sooooo

I don't like how we don't have 1st or 2nd round picks, this year.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I'll reserve judgment on this trade until after I see what effects it will have.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only comparison between Taylor Pyatt and Ryane Clowe is that they are both hockey players. Clowe is everything this team has been missing since Brandon Prust left. Rough, physical and hard noised. You want a guy to make Chris Neil pay, this is your guy. And while I am painfully aware he hasn't scored any goals this year, He's averaged 20 a year over the past 5 years. You wouldn't be getting him for this price if he was having an average year.

I like Clowe a lot. I get to see him play quite a bit and understand his limits. He is not Rocket Richard. I also know that for a long time he's been the one heart and soul player on a team without much heart or soul. That's a big burden to carry.

I think Pyatt may actually be headed back to Phoenix. After all, what would the deadline be without a Coyote-Ranger trade?

I was half-joking when I said that. Actually more than half. Just expressing my disappointment in how little offense Clowe is going to add. But if Pyatt and Clowe had a more balls contest Clowe would win by 7, no question about that.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I like Clowe, really do. But all this says to me is we should have kept Brandon Prust. To me, it gets clearer with each game what we're missing with out Pruster in the line up.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
If it's anyone, it will be Hags. Clowe will get an opportunity with the top guys -- as he should.

I kind of want to see:

Clowe - Stepan - Nash
Zucc - Richards - Gabby
Hags - Boyle - Callahan
Plug - Plug - Plug

Those lines were my first thought as well. Just stick the guy who is struggling between the magical combo of Step and Nash!

I dont like the look of a Clowe-Boyle-Callahan 3rd line so I think either Clowe or Callahan needs to stay up on the first line. Unless you drop Zucc to the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad