Confirmed with Link: Ryane Clowe to Rangers for NYR 2013 2nd, FLA 2013 3rd, Conditional 2nd 2014

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, it's SJ's 2nd, FLA's 3rd and conditional 2nd (on re-signing or winning two playoff series). If not, it becomes 5th.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If Clowe returns to form, it's a good trade. If he continues to suck, it's a stupid trade. Reserve judgment.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm wary of giving up picks, but I love Clowe. He's freakin' awesome, and he's exacly what this team needs. A mix of toughness, skill, and size. When was the last time we had a Ryane Clowe-like player?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, it's SJ's 2nd, FLA's 3rd and conditional 2nd (on re-signing or winning two playoff series). If not, it becomes 5th.

I'll be straight with you, I had no idea we even has San Jose's 2nd in the first place. FLA's 3rd would have been for Wolski at the deadline last year.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I'll be straight with you, I had no idea we even has San Jose's 2nd in the first place. FLA's 3rd would have been for Wolski at the deadline last year.

glad we got a 2nd with clowe even if we had to immediately give it back to them.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Clowe is a far better player than Pyatt. It's really not that close. He's had a down year, but he's pretty easily a better player.

Well in all seriousness, he might get Pyatt out of the lineup and at this point that might be worth 3 picks.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
imo, this is alot to pay for

a guy having a down year

on his way to 31

and who may bolt for vancouver in the summer....

i mean does this guy help us down the road even a little bit and thats assuming he even resigns?

:shakehead

Is it really?

Sharks fans are pretty pissed and feel that they didn't get enough.

So it may actually be a pretty fair deal if both sides are annoyed.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Meh. If he comes in and plays well, re-sign him. If not, I will be annoyed.

I thought he wanted a new contract from whatever team traded for him, I am assuming we have a new contract ready to sign for him now.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
If Clowe returns to form, it's a good trade. If he continues to suck, it's a stupid trade. Reserve judgment.

Reading the SJ board, he hasn't sucked. He's been snakebitten, much like Gaborik has been. He's still a valuable player if he isn't scoring because of his size and strength along the boards, and he's still putting up assists. He's always been more of a playmaker than a goal scorer, and he's not a shooter, but he but he drives to the net and he goes in front of the net. Could help the PP.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Reading the SJ board, he hasn't sucked. He's been snakebitten, much like Gaborik has been. He's still a valuable player if he isn't scoring because of his size and strength along the boards, and he's still putting up assists. He's always been more of a playmaker than a goal scorer, and he's not a shooter, but he but he drives to the net and he goes in front of the net. Could help the PP.

Their board has been a wealth of information. They are all pissed.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Boyle and Pyatt are the most sensible salary dumps. Can lose over 3 million between the two of them.

I'd be shocked if we offhandedly dumped Gaborik, and we're not moving Stralman with our D corps in shambles.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
You know what? I never wanted Clowe for what I thought we'd have to give to get him, but this is absolutely tolerable and i'm glad we made the trade. This makes us a better team.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
We gave up 3 picks for Taylor Pyatt lite. Unbelievable.

The only comparison between Taylor Pyatt and Ryane Clowe is that they are both hockey players. Clowe is everything this team has been missing since Brandon Prust left. Rough, physical and hard noised. You want a guy to make Chris Neil pay, this is your guy. And while I am painfully aware he hasn't scored any goals this year, He's averaged 20 a year over the past 5 years. You wouldn't be getting him for this price if he was having an average year.

I like Clowe a lot. I get to see him play quite a bit and understand his limits. He is not Rocket Richard. I also know that for a long time he's been the one heart and soul player on a team without much heart or soul. That's a big burden to carry.

I think Pyatt may actually be headed back to Phoenix. After all, what would the deadline be without a Coyote-Ranger trade?

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
Does he play strictly on the left?

Do you have one of him or Hags play on the right between Boyle against Pitt tomorrow?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
At least if he re-signs it wasn't a rental.

Still holding judgment on this move. Going to have to make a believer out of me on this one.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
You know what? I never wanted Clowe for what I thought we'd have to give to get him, but this is absolutely tolerable and i'm glad we made the trade. This makes us a better team.

Exactly.

The Rangers are a better team with Clowe - they gave up no roster players, and they gave up no prospects.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Does he play strictly on the left?

Do you have one of him or Hags play on the right between Boyle against Pitt tomorrow?

If it's anyone, it will be Hags. Clowe will get an opportunity with the top guys -- as he should.

I kind of want to see:

Clowe - Stepan - Nash
Zucc - Richards - Gabby
Hags - Boyle - Callahan
Plug - Plug - Plug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad