Ryan Whitney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Anyone think he'll end up as a better version of Brad Stuart? Maybe he'll put it all together sooner too.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Abyss said:
Anyone think he'll end up as a better version of Brad Stuart? Maybe he'll put it all together sooner too.

Thats a good comparison. I think he will be a better version than Stuart. Whitney will be a Redden-type to a Pitt team that desperately needs it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As long as Winnipeg is willing to put in tissue dispensers and high dives on either end of the rink. Since our entire team is comprised of whiney divers. We would here in Pittsburgh, but we're too poor and bankrupt.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Balej's Dance said:
Thats a good comparison. I think he will be a better version than Stuart. Whitney will be a Redden-type to a Pitt team that desperately needs it.
I'm hoping like hell that you're right, man. But as much of a fan as I am of Whitney, I have doubts that he'll ever reach that level. Malakhov is a good example, I think. I like Stuart, too.

Whitney is an incredibly skilled player, it's just a matter of putting it all together, as cliche as that sounds. The last year or so has been very encouraging in that department, however. He's worked really hard on a lot of his weaknesses.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I suggest that those of you posting in this thread keep it to the topic at hand...Ryan Whitney...not the sarcastically self-deprecating martyr routine. It's annoying, it creates fights, it carries the thread off topic and most of all it's not funny. Stop.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, if any topic involving the Penguins didn't quickly turn into a Crosby/Lemieux "get the hell out of Pittsburgh" hatefest we wouldn't have this problem.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
nomorekids said:
I suggest that those of you posting in this thread keep it to the topic at hand...Ryan Whitney...not the sarcastically self-deprecating martyr routine. It's annoying, it creates fights, it carries the thread off topic and most of all it's not funny. Stop.
yea, every single thing about Ryan Whitney I have read on HF has involved him being underappreciated by other teams, and then some Pittsburgh fans start to do as you say, the "self-deprecating martyr routine.".

I have never seen Whitney play before for more than a period or so, so I can't really comment.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Well, if any topic involving the Penguins didn't quickly turn into a Crosby/Lemieux "get the hell out of Pittsburgh" hatefest we wouldn't have this problem.

Then report it. You're feeding it more than helping it. It's not your problem to worry about it. There's moderation in place on these boards for a reason.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
Balej's Dance said:

Well which is it? There is a BIG, BIG gap between Brad Stuart and Wade Redden. You say he will be a little better than Stuart? Thats fine, but a little better than Stuart is not Wade Redden.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Higgy4 said:
Well which is it? There is a BIG, BIG gap between Brad Stuart and Wade Redden. You say he will be a little better than Stuart? Thats fine, but a little better than Stuart is not Wade Redden.

I dont necessarily mean Redden exactly in playing style and point production. I just meant his overall worth to the team and D corps. Redden can put up points but he's very valuable for his two-way game and skating. I see Whitney with pretty good offensive upside and a stalwart on D.

What do you think?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Then report it. You're feeding it more than helping it. It's not your problem to worry about it. There's moderation in place on these boards for a reason.

it is our problem because nothing is ever done about, so until it becomes the mods problem, we will just assume it is ours

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
RMU85 said:
it is our problem because nothing is ever done about, so until it becomes the mods problem, we will just assume it is ours

IF nothing is done about it, then there are two likely scenarios:

1) You're not reporting it.

2) You're reporting things like, "Crosby has to be considered a disappointment so far" or "For the hype, I hoped for more from Crosby."

So it's really up to you. Do things the right way, or begin accruing warnings for attempting some silly spectacle. It's your choice.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
nomorekids said:
IF nothing is done about it, then there are two likely scenarios:

1) You're not reporting it.

I agree with #1. Threads titled 'Cindy Crosby' (and there have been dozens of them) for instance are pure flame war baiting and can get the point across without the name calling. That is one example among quite a few similar examples. So I do not think it is so much #2. The trolling that has gone on has been frustrating, but we only have ourselves to blame for not reporting it. This thread was just having a bit of fun in response but I also agree was inappropriate.

One small thought. Our moderator on our board has been AFK for some time now. He did tell us that he would be pulled away. The very worst of the problems have been our GDT's where nothing at all gets done. Can can you bring up at our having appointed a temp. Moderator until ours gets back as our GDT's have been hit more times than I can count with posts purely designed to bait.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It doesn't exactly take an eye of a hawk to know what threads are turning to crap.

If it involves the Penguins or Alexander Ovechkin in any way, shape, or form, it turns to crap instantly.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Tjardus Greidanus said:
It doesn't exactly take an eye of a hawk to know what threads are turning to crap.

If it involves the Penguins or Alexander Ovechkin in any way, shape, or form, it turns to crap instantly.

And you're certainly being an innocent victim with that avatar and caption of yours. Totally helping things out. Talk about the boy who cried...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've had enough with the crap Ranger fans give us, this is my rebuttal.

The Prucha>Crosby thread was classic ignorance.

If my post on the thread wasn't deleted(a whole post of me saying "this is classic") I wouldn't have done this, but that was just ridiculous.

Ranger & Flyer fans are in on the bulk of this crap. I'm finished with the nice guy crap when it comes to them.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Tjardus Greidanus said:
I've had enough with the crap Ranger fans give us, this is my rebuttal.

The Prucha>Crosby thread was classic ignorance.

If my post on the thread wasn't deleted(a whole post of me saying "this is classic") I wouldn't have done this, but that was just ridiculous.

Ranger & Flyer fans are in on the bulk of this crap. I'm finished with the nice guy crap when it comes to them.

Actually the Prucha > Crosby thread was homerism, and perhaps wishful thinking on some Rags part, but hardly was a thread topic that was objectionable. Laughable I will grant you, but objectionable? Nope. As I said, flame bait topics include name calling etc. There have been a number but 'Cindy Crosby' threads which mods for some reason allow to continue is pure flame bait and could get their point across - ie, apparently they believe that Crosby is . . .gay? a girl? not sure, but they could get the point across without the name calling. The ruining of our GDT's by coming in and starting flame wars with totally off the wall posts, usually Rag or Flyer fans involved and usually on our boards almost exclusively though some have travelled there the past few games from the Pens side as well and got into it and I object to that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad