Ryan Whitney trolls the Oilers

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think its pretty weird he took the time to do this. That's like what, 2 hours of your life to perfect it and post it online?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's really the last guy that should be trolling anyone. Shocking that he'd actually do anything anyway, doesn't he have friends on the team anymore?

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
To be fair, when I saw that commercial and the girl said "The Oilers are doing great" or something like that, it made me laugh. I think Whitney posting that is funny.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I used to make that same face at least twice a game when Whitney was on the ice for us, minus that first season of course when he actually looked like an NHL player. I think someone is just bitter that the worst defense core in the league couldn't find room for him.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Big deal.

Yeah, guy doesn't even say anything.

Guy is a useless turd, did nothing here, represented everything wrong attitudinally with a vet coming to a new environment, checked out at earliest possible time, was a passenger, and deep-sixed himself out of the NHL for it.

Couldn't be any axe to grind with any of that.:p:

What a waste of talent floater.

Can't imagine his disposition here did any of the kids any good.

enjoy the KHL..

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To be fair, when I saw that commercial and the girl said "The Oilers are doing great" or something like that, it made me laugh. I think Whitney posting that is funny.

Didn't even recognize that as a commercial. I must be doing a dang good job on my commercial breaks channel surfing..:laugh:

Can't stand commercials so I always have a movie channel or something that I go to for the few minutes. Sadly most movies these days you can capture much of the plot seeing 15mins of the movie..most Oiler games you can get the plot seeing the hilites although sadly I end up watching the trainwrecks.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Nothing to be sensitive about.

Funny reply thought might be
"Ryan Whitney's NHL career sure is looking good"
Pan to shot of whitney wearing a russian hat in siberia in a KHL jersey.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It's too bad he caught his skate in a rut and wrecked his ankle. I thought he was pretty good before that injury.
He was damaged goods long before he got here. The Oilers, by Tambellini's own admission, knew about his leg and feet problems before they traded for him. They just figured they were smarter than everybody else and decided it wasn't a problem. Not surprisingly, they weren't.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
It sure is classy to troll an organization that continued to give you MILLIONS of dollars even when you were a broken-down shell of a former hockey player.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If this was Ray Whitney I'd be onboard. Ryan Whitney is one of the biggest first round losers of all time. So glad he never won a cup. Hes up there with guys like Jamie Lundmark for me in terms of busts.

Naturally the oil traded for him.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Met him when he was with the Oilers. Wasn't exactly the nicest guy I've ever met. Seemed to have an attitude closer to that of a rock star than a 3rd pairing fringe defenseman.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
I remember talking to him on Twitter when he was being critical of Eli Manning saying is a premier QB in the NFL. Eli Manning went on to win the Super Bowl for a SECOND TIME that season. I told Ryan Whitney that he would call himself out as one of the best if he knew he could deliver on it.

He is yet another Oiler that washed out and is in the KHL. I've watched a good bit of KHL and have seen former Oilers all over that league. What's one more...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad