Ryan Whitney trolls the Oilers

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
Had the exact same reaction when i saw that commercial for the first time, with the added phrase of "OH, I BET!"

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
99Uoccm.gif

I remember that twenty game stretch right after we traded for him. He was a beauty! After that.. uhh..

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Even unemployed ex-Oilers get to look down on this team.
But he's not unemployed. The article says he got a job in KHL.

My reaction to the clip? Meh, Whitney always thought he was funnier than he actually is. And better at hockey too. Irrelevant.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
The Oilers take more shots from NHL players than all the other teams combined.
Such an embarrassing organization.

It's really tough to get throw much **** thrown at us, even as fans, and have no ammo to throw back other than 5 cups in the ****ing 80's.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A guy that washed out on the Oilers and then washed out on one of the only teams worse than the Oilers and now is off playing in Europe....

Meh.

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
I don't understand how people are replying to this with denunciations of Whitney. The Oilers are the joke of the league and everybody knows it, the more people who publicly pile on the criticism the more pressure on the organization.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Not even mad, he's right.

But he was pretty damn awful in his last couple seasons here, though.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Kind of funny how we spend most of our time here complaining about how bad the Oilers are.

A player does it however, time to discredit them! :laugh:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Whitney's within his rights to pile on with everyone else, but if I were one of the current players on the team that was having to live and die with this team and was doing everything I could to win games, especially if he had been a former teammate of mine when he was an Oiler, I'd look at Whitney as a bit of a backstabbing goof.

Whitney might find it all a big joke, but I doubt the players dealing with the here and now find him all that funny.

He's not wrong, the Oilers have looked terrible. But this kind of snide mockery says much about the kind of person he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad