Ryan vs. Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
seems as though these guys could be the first 2 players drafted out of the OHL.

Any thoughts on these guys, or comparisons?

If you had to pick who you thought would be the best OHLer to come out of this draft, which of the two would it be? And why? And if neither of these two, who, and why?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Ryan by a decent margin, I just don't understand the hype surrounding Pouliot, he's like the Ladd of 2005 which by all means isn't bad, but doesnt warrant a top 10 pick in my books, plus he's a late '86 birthday, had he been a couple of weeks older, he would have been drafted last year, and he played four games for Sudbury last year. He's too unproven in my books and in the few times I've seen him, he was just pretty good. I think Ryan might turn out to be a poor man's Lindros, pretty high ceiling to me.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Benoit Pouliot, Everytime I've seen him he has impressed me, he is just a great player. He can score and has great size, and is a very good skater. He is my favorite player in the draft. :D

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
If Pouliot can put together some consistency I'd take him (I'd say he needs to put together a few seasons in the O, seeing as this is his first year, not his fault mind you). Pouliot is a tremendous offensive player. I haven't seen Ryan play more than once or twice but seeing Pouliot on a pretty regular basis, I'd have to say that he is an excellent skater and puckhandler that can finish very well.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Ryan easily. Pouliot is playing well in the OHL ,Ryan is dominating. He absolutely carries defenders with him he is so strong. He is also a much better passer. To the person who said Pouliot has been puckhandling, I hope they are joking, either that or they have never seen Ryan play. I'd take O'Marra and Blunden over Pouliot also.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Ryan has a consitent coach, Pouliot doesnt. Foligno can never seem to make up his mind as to where to play him, he plays on almost every line in a game. I'm sure if he was paired with Mcdonough like earlier in the season he would be putting up better numbers. And Pouliot didnt play in the OHL last year because his father was on his death bed and he wanted to stay close to home. As for whos the better, imo there both good for different reasons, however I feel a team can not go wrong on picking either as they'll like be the corner stone of a franchise in the future.

Canada_87

Dec 28, 2004
Oh ever cool, two other fans from Sudbury in the same thread! :handclap:

Anyways, on topic, I've only seen Pouliot play out of the two and I have to say he's pretty good. Good size, good speed, nice scoring touch for a Rookie ( even though he's 17).

So I'd go with Pouliot because of my Wolves homerism and the fact I neer seen Ryan play. And BTW I actually know Pouliot too, pretty nice guy. Bobby Chaumont (RW for Wolves)'s little brother is my friend and Ben visits him sometimes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad