Value of: Ryan Strome

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
extremely inflated
I think he could get a second round pick. He plays the wing as well and is an rfa sp it's not just a rental. In another 10 weeks it could look different and its possible the Rangers keep him as well.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Rangers are in no position to let him go with Zibanejad's situation. If they can't move Staal or Smith with 1 year left on their deals, they will buy them out and sign him. Hank is off the books after next season. Like all things, a lot of what the team does will also factor in the stupid expansion draft. The NHL is obviously dumb and thinks this league needs to expand when in reality, they need to get rid of 2 or 3 teams.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He's playing well. I think his leadership is an underrated aspect. This is a kid who came in with the pedigree and it didn't come easy. He had to fight to remain an NHL player. To have a still somewhat young guy, who players we draft have no doubt seen play in WJC and so forth, to be there with the cautionary tale of what happens if you don't work hard and think it's just going to happen for you because you got picked high, is a lesson that doesn't sound the same if it comes from a coach or a 30 something player. Plus, I think he doesnt try to kill us on term or dollars because he has found a good fit. I keep him. His value here is higher than it is on the market.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Very quietly on a PPG pace more than a quarter of the way through the season.

If you ignore whatever happened in Edmonton, he's put up good numbers throughout his career.

Let's talk value.

Question for you.. Does he play regularly with Panarin ? If no he is improved . If yes ,then he is just a passenger . This guy used his raw talent in Jr hockey and never improved, was no longer able to just skate around because the nhl has better players . He never got better . It's a shame . He showed so much promise as a rookie . If I had a chance I would trade him . He will not be perceived any better than now .

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Question for you.. Does he play regularly with Panarin ? If no he is improved . If yes ,then he is just a passenger . This guy used his raw talent in Jr hockey and never improved, was no longer able to just skate around because the nhl has better players . He never got better . It's a shame . He showed so much promise as a rookie . If I had a chance I would trade him . He will not be perceived any better than now .

He has been playing mostly with Panarin since Zib got hurt, but he was scoring before then too.

It's a long season. Lots of games left to see where he goes.

Reactions: bernmeister

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Does he play regularly with Panarin ?

first half without, second half with. But he was putting up points in the first half, too. Strome also put up 33 points last season in the 60 games he played here, so its not like this was just a hot month.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
2 rounder plus a lower Line prospect.

I rather resign him if that is the best offer. he is underrated in my opinion. only gets a bad rap because of his draft status. if he was a late 1st round pick like Skjei, Pastrnak, Rakell etc no one would complain about him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I could see the rangers wanting to hang onto him. He’s still young but a veteran center who’s fitting it well with them.

I agree with this.
Up until recently, on an all Rangers forum......people couldn't wait to move his cap despite his decent play.
I really think that because he is relatively young and can play C, the Rangers likely re sign him unless they are blown out of the water with an offer at the TDL. I just don't see them moving on from him for a 2nd.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good luck contending with himas #2C.
Thanks!

I think you missed the point. We don't see him as our #2 for years down the stretch. He's currently our 2nd best center and he's playing well enough where there's no reason to trade him right now. If he wants to stay and sign a decent deal, we'll listen to Strome's negotiation, because he's been a useful player for us, even before he was playing with Panarin. He played well down the stretch last season when we acquired him. If he wants something closer to 5 million, he's most likely gone and traded. He's still an RFA so there's no concern here.

1) We can sign him and keep him if he's playing well.
2) We can sign him and try to expose him.
3) We can trade him.
With his status we don't lose him for nothing.

Strome's value is probably higher than it should be right now. NYR aren't at the bottom of the league right now. We're not far out from playoffs. It's early and the season can come crashing down at any point, but we can't toss it away by trading Strome right. It doesn't make sense because nobody is going to pay the price making it worth trading Strome. His value is a 2nd and mid-prospect/change of scenery player. Seems a bit pointless when we can probably trade him for a 2nd in the offseason if we don't sign him.

4.2 over 2/3 is probably the most I'd offer him. I'd try to get it for less, but I wouldn't go any higher.

Reactions: Shootertooter

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I rather resign him if that is the best offer. he is underrated in my opinion. only gets a bad rap because of his draft status. if he was a late
1st round pick like Skjei, Pastrnak, Rakell etc no one would complain about him.

I could be completely wrong on his value. But if this was the only offer, I agree hold on to him.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
He is currently at 3.1m.
A 400K raise for a few seasons isn't bad.
I would be interested in retaining him under 4M for 2 or 3yrs.

It all depends on how much of a raise he wants and his term. Hard to see him not getting at least 4-5M a year for at least 3-4 years, imo. He's been solid but if that's the price I don't think the Rangers could/should do it.

If that's the case, you gotta trade him and get the best value back.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Very quietly on a PPG pace more than a quarter of the way through the season.

If you ignore whatever happened in Edmonton, he's put up good numbers throughout his career.

Let's talk value.

I could see the rangers wanting to hang onto him. He’s still young but a veteran center who’s fitting it well with them.

extremely inflated

The Rangers aren't exactly deep at C. Unless the demands for his next contract are outrageous, I'm inclined to keep him.

It all depends on how much of a raise he wants and his term. Hard to see him not getting at least 4-5M a year for at least 3-4 years, imo. He's been solid but if that's the price I don't think the Rangers could/should do it.

If that's the case, you gotta trade him and get the best value back.
Strome ---
is in demand
fact he will be ufa ups value
fact he is righty shot ditto
fact he plays either C or W also ditto

conclusion:
high demand = competitive bidding = drives up price

price is later middle to late 1st + throw in, following the Hayes model, but less.
i.e., a later 1st, but not nec a former 1st [Lemieux type] has to be throw in

We need cap space and mins for people going forward.
Morgan Baron might be only 2 seasons away on top of other guys already here.

He will want, deserve and get upwards of 5 per for upward of 5 yrs.
NY will sell high and trim to the core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad