Confirmed with Link: Ryan signs PTO

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I thought "PTOutrage" was really clever.

Your mistake was trying to have fun. You see, for some, we must always argue to the death over the most insignificant minutiae because internet forums foster that interaction so obviously it's the purpose, right? It's also exactly why forums are dying with a younger generation (how many young fans do we even see here anymore?) and being phased out in favor of Discord and Reddit where the greybeard contrarians find their posts buried, their gimmicks ignored. And with no mechanism to derail conversation on modern platforms they are largely made irrelevant more and more each passing day.

But yeah, as I was saying, very clever.
They'll return when the team is good again.

Go visit a playoff contender's forum and you'll run into a whole bunch of easily triggered millenials who can't name a single player from the '80's.

Reactions: 14ari13

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I thought "PTOutrage" was really clever.

Your mistake was trying to have fun. You see, for some, we must always argue to the death over the most insignificant minutiae because internet forums foster that interaction so obviously it's the purpose, right? It's also exactly why forums are dying with a younger generation (how many young fans do we even see here anymore?) and being phased out in favor of Discord and Reddit where the greybeard contrarians find their posts buried, their gimmicks ignored. And with no mechanism to derail conversation on modern platforms they are largely made irrelevant more and more each passing day.

But yeah, as I was saying, very clever.

I mean, I can imagine some Wings fans might have "PTOSD" from that Dan Cleary saga, so I get it...

OK. I'm done.

Reactions: golffuul

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I like it. Guy in camp that can work with the kids, not only skill wise, but NHL life wise.

That kind of thing helps the younger guys, but also future vets. Players talk, they know the organizations that care, and don't care.

I don't see him getting a NHL contract, but a position in the organization is likely, IMO.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
He started off last year okay, but I think people forget he later went on a streak of like 20 games without a point before getting injured.

But whatever, more help to get Wright.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He started off last year okay, but I think people forget he later went on a streak of like 20 games without a point before getting injured.

But whatever, more help to get Wright.
He looked OK with Fabbri, but once Fabbri got moved up to the first line, everyone except Erne and the first line were useless. You're not going to see much scoring with LGD, Names, and Raz as centers.

Reactions: 14ari13

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I mean, I can imagine some Wings fans might have "PTOSD" from that Dan Cleary saga, so I get it...

OK. I'm done.

WarmheartedOptimalHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ShelbyZ

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I like it. Guy in camp that can work with the kids, not only skill wise, but NHL life wise.

That kind of thing helps the younger guys, but also future vets. Players talk, they know the organizations that care, and don't care.

I don't see him getting a NHL contract, but a position in the organization is likely, IMO.

People said this about Vanek, too.
Which is strange.
Because neither Ryan nor Vanek were ever known as high character guys you'd want your youngsters to emulate.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure why people like this so much. Besides being a good story last year, he really played pretty poorly.

4 goals first 3 games and then not much else, and he wasn't really bringing anything else to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad