Injury Report: Ryan Reaves

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Leg injury and he could barely skate to begin with.
Has no agility …can’t shoot or take a pass.

Put a kangaroo on skates and it would be the same :)

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Amount of fights there is in a league it was a big waste to sign Reaves.

Clifford could do the same and skates way better to forecheck.

Who cares if they win or lose a fight......they never take their shield off and all of them wear plastic armour so it really proves nothing. Its mostly a dick swinging contest imho

Reactions: horner

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Amount of fights there is in a league it was a big waste to sign Reaves.

Clifford could do the same and skates way better to forecheck.

Who cares if they win or lose a fight......they never take their shield off and all of them wear plastic armour so it really proves nothing. Its mostly a dick swinging contest imho

Not even sure it has to do with the amount of fights... there are just under 10 guys who will probably fight Reaves because he is a true heavyweight... it truly was pointless.

A 4th liner that fights now is someone like O'Brien in Arizona who can contribute something and will drop the gloves if needed. Although I'd still just rather have better players, if we are targeting someone to make our team tougher, grab someone like that.

Sucks that he was playing better (still should be in the press box), and it's never good to see someone injured, hope he recovers well.

Reactions: Ciao

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Not even sure it has to do with the amount of fights... there are just under 10 guys who will probably fight Reaves because he is a true heavyweight... it truly was pointless.

A 4th liner that fights now is someone like O'Brien in Arizona who can contribute something and will drop the gloves if needed. Although I'd still just rather have better players, if we are targeting someone to make our team tougher, grab someone like that.

Sucks that he was playing better (still should be in the press box), and it's never good to see someone injured, hope he recovers well.

I agree Reaves is a dinosaur .....no longer needed

He was never a great skater and has hands of stone and cant pass the puck. Basically he belongs on a line that just shoots it around the boards. The issue is he basically can never get to the puck because he is so slow and has no agility to change direction.

Some just read to much press clippings that we need to be tougher and instead getting guys like you mentioned that have some talent.....we signed a over the hill heavy weight fighter who is friends with his likes because they know their time is going to come that they are no longer needed.

No one is intimidated any longer ......players are no longer wearing cloth protection like back in the day but now they are dressed full of hard plastic armour and wear shields

Reaves got a retirement check....thats about it.....we threw cap money away IMHO

Reactions: rutz

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I agree Reaves is a dinosaur .....no longer needed

He was never a great skater and has hands of stone and cant pass the puck. Basically he belongs on a line that just shoots it around the boards. The issue is he basically can never get to the puck because he is so slow and has no agility to change direction.

Some just read to much press clippings that we need to be tougher and instead getting guys like you mentioned that have some talent.....we signed a over the hill heavy weight fighter who is friends with his likes because they know their time is going to come that they are no longer needed.

No one is intimidated any longer ......players are no longer wearing cloth protection like back in the day but now they are dressed full of hard plastic armour and wear shields

Reaves got a retirement check....thats about it.....we threw cap money away IMHO
Cousin’s looked more than intimidated the other night, turtled like the coward he is against Grudbanson after a handing out a cheap shot check. The game has always had fighting and always will have fighting. Reaves’ can’t or won’t do the things that made him a asset in prior years, time catches up with all of us………

Reactions: rutz and Duffman955

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Looked to me like he banged his knee into the boards. I did something similar about 15 years ago (goalie tripped me and I banged my knee on the ice with my paper thin shin pads I had since the 60s). Pretty sure I cut the cartilage around the knee cap (is that what the meniscus is? I have no idea, I just feel the slice through it to this day). It hurt...a lot. It does look like Reaves goes knee first into the boards to me.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Cousin’s looked more than intimidated the other night, turtled like the coward he is against Grudbanson after a handing out a cheap shot check. The game has always had fighting and always will have fighting. Reaves’ can’t or won’t do the things that made him a asset in prior years, time catches up with all of us………

Cousins is still going to keep playing like that though, same as Matt Cooke kept playing like a piece of shit after getting dropped by Kane.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Cousins is still going to keep playing like that though, same as Matt Cooke kept playing like a piece of shit after getting dropped by Kane.
You never know, if he didn’t turtle and had his ass handed to him he might think twice the next time and that split second could avert a tragedy or at least another dirty hit?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I hope that this injury did not predate his signing like Klingberg, it certainly would say something about our decision making and medical reviews.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
The problem is, he doesn't have anything.
Clifford is a better hockey player than Reaves in every way, except cheerleading, Halloween pranks and music coordination. This guy could take over the latter three Reaves' responsibilities:

F-H4yjjXgAAK4Sx.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad