Player Discussion: Ryan Pulock Discussion Part II

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Has anyone seen or heard anything about what's going on with him & his next contract? or going to arbitration? I need to have some good news on the player personnel front !!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Has anyone seen or heard anything about what's going on with him & his next contract? or going to arbitration? I need to have some good news on the player personnel front !!
Is he arbitration eligible? I thought Brock was the only one going that route.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
my guess is 4 years at 3.5 per

4 years will take him directly to UFA, right? I don't think they want to do that. Either give him a 2 yr bridge deal or buy out some UFA.

Brett Pesce got a 6 year/$24m deal. He's probably a comparable player to Pulock, mas o menos? Although I suspect a 6 year deal will have a higher AAV as the cap has gone up.

Reactions: IODCPiper

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
8 years 4.5 mill please

Isles defense is going to be so much better than last year, I'm expecting pelech to break out as a legit top 4 defensive dman and pulock and leddy both putting up 50 points

Wut? There is a better chance Hickey will and Hickey won't.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I don't understand. There is a better chance of Hickey doing what? He has a better chance than Leddy and Pulock of putting up 50 points or a better chance of becoming a top-4 than Pelech? I must be missing something.
That's fair. I should have said better chance Hickey becomes top 4 than Pelech who looked like he forgot how to play in the defensive zone.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
That's fair. I should have said better chance Hickey becomes top 4 than Pelech who looked like he forgot how to play in the defensive zone.

I was mainly hoping you weren't talking about the points, but I guess I can see that in regards to Pelech. Pelech at least still has upside whereas we pretty much know what Hickey is at this point. Personally though if there is anyone in the organization right now who I can see taking that 2nd pairing LHD spot, it's Toews. Hopefully he stays on the ice and continues to impress.

That said we NEED Pulock to take that next step this year. He's been steadily improving but we need him to reach "stud" level.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I was mainly hoping you weren't talking about the points, but I guess I can see that in regards to Pelech. Pelech at least still has upside whereas we pretty much know what Hickey is at this point. Personally though if there is anyone in the organization right now who I can see taking that 2nd pairing LHD spot, it's Toews. Hopefully he stays on the ice and continues to impress.

That said we NEED Pulock to take that next step this year. He's been steadily improving but we need him to reach "stud" level.
I hope for Pulock to step into a quasi top pairing spot but then you have that old friend the sophomore slump. I am trying to keep my expectations lower just to survive next season. The same is true for Barzal. If they both hit the Sophomore wall hello Jack Hughes or one of the near equal top 5 prospects. The one thing that should keep us all whole in this is Barry Trotz. He will stabalize the club with better defensive team oriented play. That is a big deal and may see our record improve despite Pajama Boy's backstab. How we use that cap surplus may also improve things.

Pelech needs to come out firing at top speed though or he may become trade bait.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
8 years 4.5 mill please

Isles defense is going to be so much better than last year, I'm expecting pelech to break out as a legit top 4 defensive dman and pulock and leddy both putting up 50 points

I'd be shocked if Pulock or Leddy will hit 50 points.

They both probably end up in the 35-39 range.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I'd be shocked if Pulock or Leddy will hit 50 points.

They both probably end up in the 35-39 range.

Although I do expect both to get over 40... I will say that at least one of them will easily hit 40 and possibly 50. I think this will all be driven by the Islanders having a very good PP this year.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Although I do expect both to get over 40... I will say that at least one of them will easily hit 40 and possibly 50. I think this will all be driven by the Islanders having a very good PP this year.
The powerplay was very good last year, and only Leddy got over 40 points(42). Without Tavares, we should expect the powerplay to de worse.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The powerplay was very good last year, and only Leddy got over 40 points(42). Without Tavares, we should expect the powerplay to de worse.

Nope, it won't be. But there isn't much for us to discuss here. As I'm strictly going on an opinion. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;) I usually get these things wrong mind you.

EDIT: I didn't want to be too controversial, but I'll just come out and say it. I didn't like Tavares' decision making on the PP.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Nope, it won't be. But there isn't much for us to discuss here. As I'm strictly going on an opinion. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;) I usually get these things wrong mind you.

EDIT: I didn't want to be too controversial, but I'll just come out and say it. I didn't like Tavares' decision making on the PP.
I actually somewhat agree with you about Tavares; I think a big part of the powerplay being better last year had to do with moving Tavares out of his spot at the top of the right circle and using Bailey there instead.

But the powerplay was 6th last season, that would be hard to repeat even if we had the same players. And I don't see anyone replacing Tavares' 30 powerplay points next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad