Value of: Ryan Poehling to Det.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will depends of Bergevin's plan for Danault I guess, but I'd be open to look at a trade.
We don't need bodies, picks would be sufficiant I guess

we have 14 picks in '21 and 8 in '22, the last thing we need is more picks. We will have to trade some picks already, because we won't have room on the 50 contract limit over the next 2-3 years if they were to make that many picks.

What we need is cap space going forward. The expansion draft should help there but will need to do something else.

There's zero need to move Poehling right now, he's looking much better in Laval currently so might as well see how it goes.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
we have 14 picks in '21 and 8 in '22, the last thing we need is more picks. We will have to trade some picks already, because we won't have room on the 50 contract limit over the next 2-3 years if they were to make that many picks.

What we need is cap space going forward. The expansion draft should help there but will need to do something else.

There's zero need to move Poehling right now, he's looking much better in Laval currently so might as well see how it goes.

Picks can always be flipped if needed. We are wasting time with Poehling right now, and we still have Evans to play befire him.
I would not waste an asset like Poehling. At least, I'd try to get value for him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Picks can always be flipped if needed. We are wasting time with Poehling right now, and we still have Evans to play befire him.
I would not waste an asset like Poehling. At least, I'd try to get value for him.

Why would we be wasting time? Based on his performance last season in the AHL, he’s exactly where he belongs at the moment.

He still fills a potential need for the organization too. I don’t see a reason to move him unless he’s a sweetener in a bigger trade.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

we already have to flip picks, I don't see MB adding more picks because that's just more picks he has to flip and I don't trust him to do a good job there. Poehling will be an NHLer and we need those cheap contracts. Evans, Poehling, either can play wing, none have spots set in stone so while he's playing better, there's no rush for Poehling to do anything but get better in Laval. You only trade him if it's in a package to get a better player, MB is trying to win now or he may not have a job in 6 months or so.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
we already have to flip picks, I don't see MB adding more picks because that's just more picks he has to flip and I don't trust him to do a good job there. Poehling will be an NHLer and we need those cheap contracts. Evans, Poehling, either can play wing, none have spots set in stone so while he's playing better, there's no rush for Poehling to do anything but get better in Laval. You only trade him if it's in a package to get a better player, MB is trying to win now or he may not have a job in 6 months or so.

It would be more picks to flip then

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Maybe Mantha+ Bernier@50% for Romanov+Poehling+Allen as a base?

MTL has to move salary out/back.

Bernier 5th best 5on5 SV% in NHL, .750 Win%, I wanna retain Bernier & resign him as UFA, hate to lose him.

EDIT: Poehling....27gp, 2pts, -4 in NHL 19/20. Is he a probable bust?
Too soon to tell?

Romanov just isn’t going anywhere

Fair enough. What's your take on Poehling? Realisitic ceiling & floor?

Most likely a good, big two-way 30-35 points 3C

Reactions: LazyT

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So ignoring the Romanov stuff. Would something around like Svech+3rd be in the ball park? Or am I still totally off base? Like I said I’m not sure how he’s viewed in Montreal still. Or is it just a case of a trade not really working between the 2 teams?

I just can’t see that being of interest for Montreal. As others pointed out, management still see in him a very good 3C and I realistically can’t see a logical reason to deal him right now.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Maybe Mantha+ Bernier@50% for Romanov+Poehling+Allen as a base?

MTL has to move salary out/back.

Bernier 5th best 5on5 SV% in NHL, .750 Win%, I wanna retain Bernier & resign him as UFA, hate to lose him.

EDIT: Poehling....27gp, 2pts, -4 in NHL 19/20. Is he a probable bust?
Too soon to tell?
While Romanov is probably off the table in any trade unless some team would like to overpay which i don't see happening i don't see Allen moving this season while fighting for a playoff spot.
Wouldn't mind taking a shot at Mantha but he's only played 80 games in one season out of the last 4.If he stays healthy ?
Now with that in mind what would we need to add to Poehling to get Mantha ? Remember cap has to work for both sides.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I’d trade him if he was a smaller piece to a Larkin, Bertuzzi, or Mantha kind of deal. So basically not practical

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I would take the picks if it means they are flipping some to get Ekholm. Unless the Preds want Poehling but I doubt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad