Value of: Ryan Poehling to Det.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Is there any pieces Detroit could move for a guy like him? Would Montreal be open to moving Poehling if the trade makes sense? I’m really not sure where his value is or how’s seen in the Montreal org. But if he’s available I could see the wings having interest in a guy like him.

Curious if a deal could be reached here.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It will depends of Bergevin's plan for Danault I guess, but I'd be open to look at a trade.
We don't need bodies, picks would be sufficiant I guess

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Maybe Mantha+ Bernier@50% for Romanov+Poehling+Allen as a base?

MTL has to move salary out/back.

Bernier 5th best 5on5 SV% in NHL, .750 Win%, I wanna retain Bernier & resign him as UFA, hate to lose him.

EDIT: Poehling....27gp, 2pts, -4 in NHL 19/20. Is he a probable bust?
Too soon to tell?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Bernier 5th best 5on5 SV% in NHL, .750 Win%, I wanna retain Bernier & resign him as UFA, hate to lose him.

Too soon to tell?
Sorry Romanov isn’t on the table

Reactions: Just Linda

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Too soon to tell?
:laugh:

That moment when a Poehling thread goes off the rails.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't follow the Habs or their prospects, so let's hear your feedback on Poehling, the trade etc.
Feedback: A Det fan asked about Poehling. You throwing Romanov into the deal would again be like someone asking about Rasmussen and then adding Seider into the deal.

As I said... Poehling's value/floor/ceiling are all similar to Rasmussen.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Too soon to tell?

Poehling is no offensive juggernaut, that's for sure lol
This year he had the misfortune to play behind Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Danault and Evans. We don't know what the future holds for him, but he's a lottery ticket, in a way. Still a big player able to play 200 ft games with an edge.

Romanov can't get out. He's already our best LD (better than Edmunson and Chiarot) and so we can't part way with him (positional needs :/ )
Can we replace him by another prospect? Or a player with picks (we already have to send you salary, so...)

For Poehling alone, picks would suffice

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Too soon to tell?
you serious? As a base? montreal isn't giving up that for a 50 pt, injury prone winger. Yes I know how great mantra is, montreal would like him blah blah.
They're not dealing Romanov period, and will hold poehling until they figure out what to do with Tatar and Danault - as they could use his size on the wing.
and allen has been better than price, so that aint happening. not a chance.
terrible trade

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Too soon to tell?
working off of hockey DB i see. His ceiling is probably a no.3 C with size who can chip in 15-20 goals - or a two-way winger in a top 9 role.
He's not a bust. yet. Injuries derailed him last year. He's been progressing in laval this year

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
So ignoring the Romanov stuff. Would something around like Svech+3rd be in the ball park? Or am I still totally off base? Like I said I’m not sure how he’s viewed in Montreal still. Or is it just a case of a trade not really working between the 2 teams?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
If the Habs are sellers, then this pairing of teams doesn't make a lot of sense. Why trade Poehling for picks? Just keep him and develop him if the team is looking to the future.

If the Habs are buyers to get into the playoff mix and stay there, then Poehling for pieces that can help this season might make sense.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Don't see any reason to trade Poehling right now. We won't get decent value anyway. Better look letting him develop in the AHL under Bouchard.
After scoring a hat trick in his first game he thought he was already belonging and stopped working (hard enough at least). Got a few injuries last year too.
I want to see what a full year in the AHL does for him, if he busts, well shit happens. We're used to 1st round bust in Montreal anyway...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If poehling is traded, it will be in a package for a better player.
Doesnt really make sense to trade him for a pick or a similar caliber prospect.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
If the Habs are sellers at the TDL then I don't really see them as realistic partners with the Wings. Both teams would want to use roster players to acquire picks, rather than the other way around.

If the Habs are buyers at the TDL, then maybe as part of a package to acquire Mantha would be the only trade I see working. And he wouldn't be a centerpiece in the deal, but a throw in.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
A 2nd rounder and he's yours now, a 3d rounder on draftday if some of great intrest is still available.

Ideally, an equivalent stalled prospect who also might blossom after a change of scenery.

Guys, stop taking every thread and asking for other team's bext players, a minor deal can work.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
We can't trade him until the Danault situation is sorted out.

Cause if we don't resign Danault Poehling will be our 3C in a year or 2.

The answer from what poehling is likely Lars Eller with a mean streak. 30-40 points solid defefensively, and likes to hit people.

Could be better, could be worse. But physical, checking, 3C is likely.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
We can't trade him until the Danault situation is sorted out.

Cause if we don't resign Danault Poehling will be our 3C in a year or 2.

The answer from what poehling is likely Lars Eller with a mean streak. 30-40 points solid defefensively, and likes to hit people.

Could be better, could be worse. But physical, checking, 3C is likely.
Thanks for the feedback. The "likes to hit people" part is the kinda old school hockey that is missing from today's NHL. Most players that hit, do so to earn TOI, coaches/teammates trust & respect, a bigger contract etc. Often though, many just go through the motions. Konstantinov approves of Poehling, send over the papers.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I personally wouldn't trade him right now, especially for a pick. We have enough picks, especially 2nd and 3rd rounds picks. We might as well hold onto him to see him he can develop into a competent NHL centre. He has the size and speed for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad