Ryan O'Reilly

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
He is a great player but I can never forget that drunken tim hortons fiasco, lol

He will always be the dummy who fled the scene of a drunken wreck days after signing the big bucks with Buffalo.

I have little to no respect for him.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah ROR should totally be held responsible for your relative who almost died. We'll put that right under causes cancer on the warning.
Way to miss my point.

Ryan O'Rielly chose to drive impaired, ignoring the potential harm he could have caused others. I never said he had anything to do with my relative.

I don't respect him for a choice he made that easily could have harmed an innocent person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Way to miss my point.

Ryan O'Rielly chose to drive impaired, ignoring the potential harm he could have caused others. I never said he had anything to do with my relative (father actually).

I don't respect him for a choice he made that easily could have harmed an innocent person.

Glad your dad is ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighNote and Oak

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Great. Wtf does that have to do with his season though? Maybe set up a soap box somewhere else to pontificate about the dangers of drinking and driving?
This is a thread about Ryan O'Reilly. My comments are about him and how I feel about him.

If he wasn't a millionaire hockey player I can assure you the punishment for his accident would have been much more severe. It irks me that he got a pass for something so blatantly irresponsible.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
This is a thread about Ryan O'Rielly. My comments are about him and how I feel about him.

If he wasn't a millionaire hockey player I can assure you the punishment for his accident would have been much more severe. It irks me that he got a pass for something so blatantly irresponsible.

I understand the sentiment and I agree that it was incredibly irresponsible on his part.

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I understand the sentiment and I agree that it was incredibly irresponsible on his part. What I don't get is what that has to do with his season so far. Seems like you're going out of your way to **** on a guy having a great year.
My very first comment I conceded that he is a great NHL player. Fantastic in fact. He plays the game the right way.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
My very first comment I conceded that he is a great NHL player. Fantastic in fact. He plays the game the right way.

I've leaned my seat back really far now in an attempt to avoid shame, just pretend you can no longer see me.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I've leaned my seat back really far now in an attempt to avoid shame, just pretend you can no longer see me.
I admit that I should probably just keep my opinion on the matter to myself. You are right after all, this thread is about his current performance.

:thumbu:

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
I admit that I should probably just keep my opinion on the matter to myself. You are right after all, this thread is about his current performance.

:thumbu:

Ha sorry man. I think someone may have urinated in my cheerios this morning, will be editing previous replies.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
He's been called a "poor man's Bergeron" for years. I'd say he's closed the gap and may even be even with him now.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It was never even confirmed that he was the one driving it anyways.
Really? I thought that he was the driver.

Obviously, that changes everything. Running from the scene isn't too bright but if ROR didn't drive than he certainly goes up a few notches in my book.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
If you want to know who is playing well on St. Louis at any given time this season and the answer has been whoever is playing with O'reilly. He really does make everyone around him better.

Berube seems to have turned the Blues around now so hopefully O'reilly will get to play some decent rounds in the playoffs this year. You can tell the dude just loves the game.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
ROR is just so damn good. He plays a sound defensive game, competitive as heck and doesn't make many mistakes - yet able to produce at PPG rate. Very underrated goalscorer.

Also plays his best hockey when the team is competitive and playing important games. Probably the main reason i thought the team that got him out of Buffalo would fall in love with him.

It's a shame we don't get to see how good the Sabres would've been now that the culture is much better, with Eichel/ROR/Dahlin as the main core.

O'Reilly is one of the good 2nd line players in the league. Not the type of player you build around.

Last year he checked out on the Sabres but this year he's been a legit 1C.

Almost 21 mins per game (11th in the league by C's). Leads the teams forwards in penalty kill minutes. 50/50 split in offensive and defensive zone starts. And yet 55 points in 54 games. On a pace for 30 goals. Leads the team in takeaways (also top 5 in the league) and has a 3/1 takeaway to giveaway ratio (best in the league). Team has the puck more than not when he's on the ice. Top 5 FO guy in the league.

He absolutely is a 1C. And a good one too.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He better be one of the Selke finalists. It should be between him, Crosby, and Mark Stone.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
L
This is a thread about Ryan O'Reilly. My comments are about him and how I feel about him.

Untrue, depends on the cop. I was with a buddy and we crashed in the middle of the city, into a median. He was more drunk than I thought and cop told him to call a ride. Exact words, "you're drunk, call a ride and shut up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad