Player Discussion Ryan O'Reilly - all purpose discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I still see him signing around 7.5. Which is a realistic cap hit for his talent, age and ability. He's going to help the team in so many ways. He's got a lot of upside for our team going forward.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I still see him signing around 7.5. Which is a realistic cap hit for his talent, age and ability. He's going to help the team in so many ways. He's got a lot of upside for our team going forward.

7.5M per year over a long term deal is going to be amazing. It would be an absolute bargain if the cap goes up ~2M per year every year.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
7.5M per year over a long term deal is going to be amazing. It would be an absolute bargain if the cap goes up ~2M per year every year.

Add in the notion of being front loaded as much as possible and it's really going to be a non issue.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
He signs 8 for 48 with the stipulation that Murray has to drunk dial Joe Sakic and leave an insulting message prior to the contract being announced.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
This really shouldn't be too difficult of a deal to hammer out. The Buffalo front office knows what he's asking, they'll either give him it or something close to it...negotiations will hopefully be smooth and rather quick. It would be nice if he signs tomorrow :)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
yeah, boy

Can we hug it out now? *internet bro fist*

giphy.gif

Buffalo--my new team in the East.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He's just scratching the surface. He is a Patrice Berger on or Henrik Zetterberg calibre player. Love watching him.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
If it's 7x7.5 that's a great deal...I'd be very pleased with it. Both sides should be happy with that.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
He's going to be the highest paid player in team history, no? 7.5 is higher than Vanek, might be higher than Hasek's AAV, too.

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
They are probably waiting for tomorrow or whenever O'Reilly gets in town, they also probably want to let Eichel be the story today.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
Hey guys, Avs fan coming in peace.
Wishing you guys and RoR all the best upcoming season.

Stopping by to tip you guys off to Ryan dad's twitter. It's hilariously vague psychology stuff. Some things that are tangentally related to what's going on with Ryan. Should be fun!

Sample:

Brian O'Reilly ‏@coachbri1 Jul 1
Every time your players, coaches, management develop builds their capacity your organization transforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad