Confirmed with Link: Ryan Murray signs 2-year extention

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 3m3 minutes ago
The AAV on Ryan Murray's two-year extension with #CBJ is $2.825M ($5.65M total).

Excellent deal for Columbus. Both in money and years. This should help us with the other contracts we have to get done soon.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
About what one would expect in term and price.

He hasn't distinguished himself anywhere near what he needed to get a long term deal. Injuries, of course, probably contributed to this. In any case, durability and performance questions made a longer term deal inappropriate at this point.

It also sets the bar for Jones. Probably a similar deal is in order for him. I've read some calling for an 8 year deal for him. Makes me cringe. He was a massive turnover machine last night. He's nowhere near deserving of anything more than a discounted long term deal. If Josi is making $4 million per, then that would be the high end I would think.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

He hasn't distinguished himself anywhere near what he needed to get a long term deal. Injuries, of course, probably contributed to this. In any case, durability and performance questions made a longer term deal inappropriate at this point.

It also sets the bar for Jones. Probably a similar deal is in order for him. I've read some calling for an 8 year deal for him. Makes me cringe. He was a massive turnover machine last night. He's nowhere near deserving of anything more than a discounted long term deal. If Josi is making $4 million per, then that would be the high end I would think.
Oh FFS. You cannot realistically compare to Roman Josi as a fair-value contract. That is literally THE best value-for-money contract in the NHL, and it was signed with the known risk that Josi had had lots of concussions earlier in his career and could have ended up a perpetual LTIR resident. If that's your target... that's just insane. :shakehead

We could have pulled that off with Murray, but expecting it of Jones? Don't be absurd.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Everyone has a bad game every now and then. As an advocate of locking up a prior potential superstar it is interesting to see you adopt a new stance. :sarcasm:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If I may,
you can't just look at Josi/Kling now and look what they are making, you have to look at their CV before they signed those contracts, not how they look now and what they have done afterwards.
Hamilton signed a 5.75M longterm contract last year, and I'd easily have Jones over Hamilton in Boston, Hamilton is the comparison to Jones right now.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Jones, as he is on most nights, is a possession beast.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad