Confirmed with Link: Ryan Murray signs 2-year extention

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ryan Murray signs 2 yr Bridge deal

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 3m3 minutes ago
The AAV on Ryan Murray's two-year extension with #CBJ is $2.825M ($5.65M total).

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Murray signs 2 year extension per R Mixer/twitter

anyone feel free to post a link when you find one

report is 2.825 Mill/year 5.65 total

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Looks like it's 5.65 million over two years according to TSN. That helps with our cap situation. Good for Murray; if he stays healthy he should enjoy his next contract.

KlichkoBro*

His injuries helped a lot. Great signing for Jarmo though, I expected way more on the bridge deal for a guy who plays on the 1st pair.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Very good deal for us. Gives us a few years to work out the cap situation before needing to commit big $$ to him.

By a few, I guess you mean one? One and a half at most?

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is going to come back around quick.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
The timing of this may (a bit odd) may be a sign we are willing to go 7-8 years with Jones. I'm not sure you can give him a big contract before you've dealt with Murray.

Will be interesting.

If you can get Jones for under 6 at term, not a bad idea.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
This is among Jarmo's best work since coming to Columbus. Jenner and Jones are going to be more costly without question, but wow I never saw Murray signing for less than 3 AAV

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
This is among Jarmo's best work since coming to Columbus. Jenner and Jones are going to be more costly without question, but wow I never saw Murray signing for less than 3 AAV

I think people will probably be surprised at what we can sign Jenner for. We love him, but he's a 0.5 point per game player. I'd wager it would be 3.5/yr. +/- 250K.

Jones is a completely different animal.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think people will probably be surprised at what we can sign Jenner for. We love him, but he's a 0.5 point per game player. I'd wager it would be 3.5/yr. +/- 250K.

Jones is a completely different animal.
Yeah. Jenner's career production at this point is Cam Atkinson-esque. I know he brings other things in terms of leadership, size, physicality, etc. but he also has had injury issues somewhat. I don't think he's going to be breaking the bank anytime soon but then again we've seen the kind of $$ Jarmo has given to players of his ilk in the form of Horton, Dubinsky, and Foligno.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah. Jenner's career production at this point is Cam Atkinson-esque. I know he brings other things in terms of leadership, size, physicality, etc. but he also has had injury issues somewhat. I don't think he's going to be breaking the bank anytime soon but then again we've seen the kind of $$ Jarmo has given to players of his ilk in the form of Horton, Dubinsky, and Foligno.

Jenner is an RFA so I wouldn't compare him to those guys. I wouldn't be surprised if Jenner signs for about 3m x 2.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
It's a good signing.
if Murray can stay healthy over the next 2 seasons he'll get paid soon enough.

That's the way the system is set up, the younger guys will be underpaid for a few years (again relative to their peers) in most cases.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Murray's 3rd contract won't kick in til July 1st, 2018. That gives us plenty of time to get rid of Bourque, Tyutin, Hartnell, Boll, Campbell, etc.

I was clearly talking about the planning phase. I kind of giggle at this statement as Hartnell's contract is the only one that actually lasts that long and that will be in the last year of that deal. This statement of yours involves almost no work.

We have no idea, yet, what we're going to be dealing with. You've got Jones and Jenner this season and if they don't have long term deals they are a consideration. You'll have Korp's contract coming up, you'll probably have Karlsson coming off a bridge deal too. You might have guys one or two guys from our system to deal with. You could have Rychel.

No there isn't plenty of time; there rarely is in a cap world. We're up against the cap with real contracts coming up and some larger contracts committed long term.

This is kind of the wrong thread, but there you go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad