Post-Game Talk: Ryan Miller defends his record; Canuck streak breakers

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Final
2KZo2UC.jpg

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What the %*%# is this? The players don't give the fans their actual game sticks this year? They all gave generic "Canucks sticks".

I don't think they are signed. Just generic wood ones.

THey don't give away real sticks anymore? LOL wtf who cares than

From what I remember, not every player gave away their stick after being named a star. Understandable, especially if your on a hot streak or just don't like changing sticks if you don't have to. This way, 3 fans get a souvenir every night.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So yeah as I was asking...missed the game, how was it?

McCann needs no explanation, how's everyone else.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Don't improve from 1st place in the league?!? From 9-1-0? That's quite a high bar to set.

This game is so great on so many levels. We win. Kill another epic streak. And, the Habs will now definitely be looking at Vrbata closer as a deadline acquisition. Win, win, win.
I don't know. Looking at the habs lately I think they will have other targets than Vrbata.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Aren't you breaking the cardinal rule of being a sports fan in NY? I thought you either cheered for the Rangers/Yankees/Giants or the Islanders/Mets/Jets? That's what TV has taught me.

Tv lies! :laugh:

Actually I'm a Yankees fan but I'm rooting for the Mets. NY sports is actually fairly peaceful like that, except Rangers/Islanders because they're in the same division.

So you'll be doing them from now on?

You're doing the next one lol

I'd be happy to take another crack at it as long as nobody has dibs. I know some boards have a particular guy/girl.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The only guys I really had a problem with were Sbisa and Bartkowski. But I can't give too much flag to he who scored the GWG, can I?

EDIT: Edler has sucked, forgot about him.

So is Prust a fan favourite yet? he must be after tonight

He's gettin' there. I've liked him through all of the regular season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Strong performance. Montreal were awful, but can't fault what we did. Lines worked better and team played well.

- Sedins were decent. Seem to be skating well but not generating their usual level of offense.

- Horvat isn't playing 'badly' but doesn't look confident and isn't using his skating like he was late last year. Baertschi had a bit better game and was a positive contributor for one of the first times this year. Hansen skated miles tonight.

- Sutter line was low-event in terms of scoring chances but this was easily Virtanen's best game. Hit everything and looked dangerous. Nice to see him get his first point.

- 4th line was excellent. Prust was having a fine game before getting hurt and this was probably Dorsett's best game of the year. Great game for McCann. Is occasionally outmuscled defensively but makes up for it with his speed on the backcheck in the neutral zone. Will be hard to send him back.

- Edler is getting sloppy in recent games and some of his bad habits from 2 years ago are starting to creep back in. Tanev had to do a lot of work tonight. Edler still stinks on PP.

- Hutton was excellent again, cheated of an assist on the 4-1 goal. Thought that pairing did well.

- Sbisa had a goal and a couple nice hits but was lucky he didn't cost the team multiple goals tonight. Bartkowski no better. No idea how they didn't get scored on.

- Miller was very good. Came up big early when the team needed it.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Bgav, just so there is no confusion, I was entirely joking when I said Dorsett's goal song was "Viva Forever". I couldn't hear it, but the people here were saying it was "Whoomp There it is".

Oh lol hahah I cracked up when I saw your response

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Well, came to eat some crow. I didn't expect that.

Nice to see the kids leading the charge. McCann could score 20+ this year and Virtanen is a physical behemoth.

Same. I just didn't expect an anemic offense to overpower Price. They were like another team, tonight. I also said I thought McCann had a replaceable skill set in another thread. What a display by McCann and Horvat tonight!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Price had a very very very bad game.

It happens.

Nice passing by Prust and nice patience by McCann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad