Injury Report: Ryan Lindgren

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m fine with Lindgren taking as long as he needs to heal up but I don’t understand why they didn’t just shut him down for the season and add a defenseman. Shows some irrational confidence in Harpoon. Why leave yourself potentially exposed to D injuries when you went so all-in to add Kane/Vlad? Fingers crossed it doesn’t burn them.

Reactions: The Gloaming

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gallant said at his conference today that Lindgren was getting close and skating but that he still isn't 100% and they won't rush him.
Bingo. Zero reason to rush him. In fact if we are locked into the third spot in the division by the final week or two it would be nice to see guys like Fox, Kreider, Trouba, even Panarin get at least a game or two off.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Bingo. Zero reason to rush him. In fact if we are locked into the third spot in the division by the final week or two it would be nice to see guys like Fox, Kreider, Trouba, even Panarin get at least a game or two off.
I agree. They are playing 15 games in the next 28 days with 3 more B2B's so any rest they can give the guys later in the year, assuming their playoff position is set, would be a good thing.

Reactions: bl02

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
IDK, did he suffer a setback? He was practicing or at least skating with the team and now he's doing work off the ice on his own. Seems like something happened.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lindgren was trying to come back and play through some pain and the coaching/medical staff noticed it and is making him wait until he's 100%. The dude is a total warrior who wants ice time but we really aren't starved for points right now.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers can rest him until the playoffs but the issue with remain. Lindgren probably needs some clean up and repair.

On the defensive side, Ryan Lindgren returned to the lineup after missing the previous 11 games with an upper-body injury. He earned an assist in 16:13 time on ice while notching two takeaways and one blocked shot.

The 24-year-old briefly exited the game in the second period, but returned within a matter of minutes. Gallant painted it as an expected part of managing what sounds like a lingering injury.

"He’s going to have that stuff – little shooting pains or whatever," he said, before smiling and adding, "They said not to worry about it, but I worry about it."

Lindgren was tripped on the GWG.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Rangers can rest him until the playoffs but the issue with remain. Lindgren probably needs some clean up and repair.

Lindgren was tripped on the GWG.
Probably the make up non-call when they didn't call Trouba for the obvious hold a few minute earlier in the slot.

Reactions: egelband

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Out tonight. Reinjured his shoulder on a minimum-contact play after resting three weeks.

Put aside the cap games. Any doctors in the house? Should they have opted for surgery right away? Or at minimum shut him down until the playoffs? Just trying to understand what the Rangers thought their options were on February 25th when he got hurt.

Last edited:

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Out tonight. Reinjured his shoulder on a minimum-contact play after resting three weeks.

Put aside the cap games. Any doctors in the house? Should they have opted for surgery right away? Or at minimum shut him down until the playoffs? Just trying to understand what the Rangers thought their options were on February 25th when he got hurt.
not a doctor but christ why play him last game. yeah yeah hindsight 20/20, but this is one of the guys you need healthy come playoffs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
we are in a seriously world of trouble of harpur sees time in the playoffs.

they need to exhaust every option before him or hajek see ice time imo. it's not an option. they will cost us games. a hail mary that robertson or jones could do better is honestly not a bad idea.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
When does his contract run out? It’s time to say goodbye to this guy he’s made of coffee grinds.

I totally appreciate his heart, but he’s a liability now.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Do we know it’s a dislocation? Separated shoulders heal and aren’t really prone to reinjury once healed

i'd bet the rent separation...played a lot of hockey, between myself and teammates think i've seen or had just about every shoulder injury you get playing hockey / the recoveries / surgeries and recoveries. had a few teammates deal with dislocations and some eventually labrum repair, but like you implied that one can be recurring. its also typically almost 0 time missed up until the point where its popping out all the time and you need to go under the knife. i had a pretty badly separated shoulder and just the way he went into the boards and then got up thats exactly what i thought it was.

its a weird injury, the first couple weeks were hell. never dealt anything else that would unleash that much pain and would be set off by the slightest movement. the good news is once the initial weeks of agony were gone any time i did something my shoulder didn't like the original pain would come back but only for a few mins and would be no worse for the wear - like i'd guess he felt no worse yesterday than he did before the car game he played in. thats why he was cleared...healed to the point its not going to get worse but he's gonna feel allll of it doing certain things. the bad news is it stayed like that for a few months, though gradually there were fewer things that would make it angry. so i wasnt surprised at all when he hurt it and came back shortly, i'm also not sure that kinda thing wont still be happening if he sits til playoff game 1. just gonna have to motherfather himself on the bench for a couple mins after a few shifts per game in the playoffs and hope it holds up.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i'd bet the rent separation...played a lot of hockey, between myself and teammates think i've seen or had just about every shoulder injury you get playing hockey / the recoveries / surgeries and recoveries. had a few teammates deal with dislocations and some eventually labrum repair, but like you implied that one can be recurring. its also typically almost 0 time missed up until the point where its popping out all the time and you need to go under the knife. i had a pretty badly separated shoulder and just the way he went into the boards and then got up thats exactly what i thought it was.

its a weird injury, the first couple weeks were hell. never dealt anything else that would unleash that much pain and would be set off by the slightest movement. the good news is once the initial weeks of agony were gone any time i did something my shoulder didn't like the original pain would come back but only for a few mins and would be no worse for the wear - like i'd guess he felt no worse yesterday than he did before the car game he played in. thats why he was cleared...healed to the point its not going to get worse but he's gonna feel allll of it doing certain things. the bad news is it stayed like that for a few months, though gradually there were fewer things that would make it angry. so i wasnt surprised at all when he hurt it and came back shortly, i'm also not sure that kinda thing wont still be happening if he sits til playoff game 1. just gonna have to motherfather himself on the bench for a couple mins after a few shifts per game in the playoffs and hope it holds up.
Thank you. This is very well-put. As long as it’s a matter of pain and not getting worse, I think Lindgren will be ok. He’s such a warrior. No need for him to push it now but I expect he starts ramping up for the last three games of the season. Those last three opponents aren’t particularly “heavy” teams.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Thank you. This is very well-put. As long as it’s a matter of pain and not getting worse, I think Lindgren will be ok. He’s such a warrior. No need for him to push it now but I expect he starts ramping up for the last three games of the season. Those last three opponents aren’t particularly “heavy” teams.

no problem, it should just be the pain, i'm sure there's some increased risk of reinjuring it taking a big hit going into the boards in similar fashion, but if they cleared him to play i imagine they're comfortable it's healed to the point any risk is negligible.

agree though would like him to get at least a couple pre playoff games to get some timing and work on situations he might want to play a bit differently for self preservation. but like you said if there's anyone on the roster who'd be fine playing through pain its lindgren. looking again at the schedule, didn't realize its already been about a month, and the playoffs will be almost 2 months. i don't remember my exact timeline, i know there were tweaks for months after, but i wanna say by the 2 month mark it really wasn't much of an issue at all for hockey - just couldn't like throw a football or do pullups ..that kinda stuff. ballparking a bit trying to remember specifics on the timeline so give or take a week or 2, but he should def be close enough to playoff 100% by the time they start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad