Ryan Kesler Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
From all the reports from reputable sources out there, Kesler is pretty much the big fish out there on the trade market right now. My point is, if he sucks as much as has been proposed here, why aren't the pro scouts catching on? Either hfboards posters with cool nicks and sweet avatars know more than the pro scouts or the hfboards is wrong.

Shhhh!!!
Keep it down.
There may be some GM's and scouts reading these boards to get our insights on players.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
From all the reports from reputable sources out there, Kesler is pretty much the big fish out there on the trade market right now. My point is, if he sucks as much as has been proposed here, why aren't the pro scouts catching on? Either hfboards posters with cool nicks and sweet avatars know more than the pro scouts or the hfboards is wrong.

I don't think anyone said he sucks, but someone did say he deserved Selke nominations - hence the counter argument.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I have to think he ends up in Ana or Chi by Friday. One of them will put up a package that will match our wants. I don't think it will be a crazy return, but it will help us go towards building our future.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I have a bad feeling teams won't pony up and pay to get Kesler. I think teams feel we're in a bind and won't repeat a trade "controversy" again and cave under pressure. Now teams can start talking to centermen like Stastny, Bolland, Richards, Spezza etc and will use this power over LinDennings head to try and drive down Kesler's value.

Just a bad feeling right now.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Interesting. I wonder if the "insiders" confused two teams pushing hard for Kesler as two teams are the only ones on his list.

Not really, it's just certain people on here speculating and playing internet telephone with their speculations, with speculation becoming rumor becoming insider confirmed info becoming the sky falling down nobody wants Kesler.

Business as usual.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site

The difference is stats and watching on TV vs. first hand viewings and contact. A pro scout would have a lot more insight into why Kesler hasn't played his best hockey the last couple years. Is he injured? Does he hate the fans? Is he sick of Canada? Does his wife/girlfriend hate it there? Does he feel it's a sinking ship? Etc.There's a massive amount of factors that go into a player's performance and scouts/management would have much more insight into it than any fan could.

That's why I don't like when people use advanced stats as the be-all-end-all, they don't tell the whole story and shouldn't be presented as such. They show a lot, but not everything. These are human beings with lives off the ice that impact their performaces. I've seen it first hand.

It seems like teams know a lot more about Kesler's situation than the fans do, which is not a surprise. There's teams that think that a happy Kesler will be an impactful Kesler, and I tend to agree with them.

However, ideally you'd have a guy that didn't pout and played through injuries at a top level, but those are special players, special individuals. The vast majourity of NHL players let their personal feelings and injuries impact their games. The difference is whether or not you think your situation will put them in the headspace they need to be in.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Not really, it's just certain people on here speculating and playing internet telephone with their speculations, with speculation becoming rumor becoming insider confirmed info becoming the sky falling down nobody wants Kesler.

Business as usual.

Oh that's definitely part of it. But weren't there some reports that Keslers list had gone down to two teams? I want to say reported by garrioch (I know his reports are worth **** but it was coming from somewhere not just hf canucks collective imagination.)

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
As much as I'd like to see Kesler get traded at the draft, I just don't see it happening.

I think the best chance we have is if the players Anaheim wants at #10 are already drafted and they are more willing to trade the pick.

Still hoping for Theodore and the tenth overall

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think the best chance we have is if the players Anaheim wants at #10 are already drafted and they are more willing to trade the pick.

Still hoping for Theodore and the tenth overall

Same here, wouldn't mind Vatanen either.
If he isn't dealt at the draft, I think it's safe to assume it isn't happening.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say that. If Anaheim strikes out on Spezza and Stastny chances are they'll be willing to part with more assets.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Actually. That's what botch said 2 days ago. :laugh:

Other teams on his list don't want him

Well it makes sense if this is his list: Anaheim, Colorado, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

- Colorado already has enough centers
- Detroit is transitioning into a younger team
- Tampa Bay has enough centers, only would work if they trade Filppula which probably doesn't work
- Pittsburgh is sort of in cap trouble, they need more depth instead of a 5M guy

That leaves Chicago and Anaheim. Chicago isn't a great trade partner either because they have few expendable young assets and little cap space both now and going forward.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Eh, I wouldn't exactly say that. If Anaheim strikes out on Spezza and Stastny chances are they'll be willing to part with more assets.

Possibly, but unless they're offering Theodore, Rakell and their 2015 1st. I wouldn't be that interested anymore. I might come down a little from that, but not by much.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

4 of the 6 teams did.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Possibly, but unless they're offering Theodore, Rakell and their 2015 1st. I wouldn't be that interested anymore. I might come down a little from that, but not by much.

That isn't that rich of a price IMO, and it should be doable from a Ducks POV. That being said I'm not too high on Rakell, so I may not be objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad