Ryan Kesler In Practice With The Canucks Today

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Booth sounds like he'll be awhile..
When everyone's healthy,, i can't to see if this has chemistry...

Higgens - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Raymond

We know these will be fine...
22-33-14
Lappy - Malhotra - Weise/Volpatti

no Hansen?

I don't see why we need to split up Raymond and Hansen. I also think Raymond is more comfortable on the left side

I see
Sedin Sedin Burrows - Burrows can switch with Kassian at times.
Booth Kesler Kassian - to be honest. I'm hoping this line will give other team fits as they drive to the net and crash it constantly
Raymond Schoeder Hansen - speed line
Higgins Malhotra Lappiere. Higgins can slot up the to the second line to mix things up occasionally if Booth falters

Lowkey

Nov 24, 2006
If some of the higher-ups in Vancouver management think Kesler may work better on the right wing I wonder if any of them envision him as the ideal Sedin linemate? Kesler has been extremely successful with the twins on the PP and with his excellent RH shot and ability to do all things Burrows does well that could be a trio we see a lot of...

What better way to bring Kesler back from injury than lining him up with our 2 best players?

Just another option for a very deep and versatile group of forwards :yo:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Just another option for a very deep and versatile group of forwards :yo:

Although kes was playing on one leg in the finals, he was one of the guys that was playing his heart out. Considering that we couldn't buy a goal and shouldn't have been worrying about depth scoring, I was disappointed that AV didn't try loading up the first line with injured kes and the sedins. Kes is probably the one guy that may be able to trigger some type of intensity into the sedins game. Having said that, I think I finally saw henrik play with some intensity against the kings in the first round.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If some of the higher-ups in Vancouver management think Kesler may work better on the right wing I wonder if any of them envision him as the ideal Sedin linemate? Kesler has been extremely successful with the twins on the PP and with his excellent RH shot and ability to do all things Burrows does well that could be a trio we see a lot of...

What better way to bring Kesler back from injury than lining him up with our 2 best players?

It's certainly an interesting idea. And i know i considered the idea a little bit when Hodgson was here...

But we'd still need another Center to really make it worthwhile i think. The potential upgrade from Burrows to Kesler on the Sedins RW...is less than the downgrade from inserting say...Lapierre as our #3C.

As a last-ditch 'load up the top 2 lines' late in a game strategy, it's something that might be worth investigating though.

Wizeman*

no Hansen?

I don't see why we need to split up Raymond and Hansen. I also think Raymond is more comfortable on the left side

I see
Booth Kesler Kassian - to be honest. I'm hoping this line will give other team fits as they drive to the net and crash it constantly
Higgins Malhotra Lappiere. Higgins can slot up the to the second line to mix things up occasionally if Booth falters

I would like to see this as well. I wanted kassian on the Schroeder line but lets see how he would do crashing and banging . That line with Kesler could end up being a monster line.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
It's certainly an interesting idea. And i know i considered the idea a little bit when Hodgson was here...

But we'd still need another Center to really make it worthwhile i think. The potential upgrade from Burrows to Kesler on the Sedins RW...is less than the downgrade from inserting say...Lapierre as our #3C.

As a last-ditch 'load up the top 2 lines' late in a game strategy, it's something that might be worth investigating though.

Even back during the stanley cup finals, I was shocked the team didnt' try sedin-sedin-kesler.

When we couldn't even score 1 goal, wouldn't it make sense to put your 3 best forwards together to get 1?
Especially when they have shown great chemistry on the pp, (our pp with kesler/twins is ranked extremely high)

Wizeman*

Even back during the stanley cup finals, I was shocked the team didnt' try sedin-sedin-kesler.

When we couldn't even score 1 goal, wouldn't it make sense to put your 3 best forwards together to get 1?
Especially when they have shown great chemistry on the pp, (our pp with kesler/twins is ranked extremely high)

We do. Every game we are down a goal in the last minute and every first unit powerplay.

Wizeman*

Speaking of Kesler's return .........

I seriously hope AV does not expect he and Burrows to do 1st pairing PK anymore on a regular basis.

I get anxiety attacks every time I see Kesler hobbling around after blocking a shot . We just cannot afford this anymore. Hes too valuable .

I think Hansen and Raymond have shown they now can handle it. Then Manny and Lappy as the second pairing. I would like to see Schroeder start to get some minutes but AV probably doesn't think he is ready yet.

down 5 on3, we are still going to use Burrows as the other D , and Kesler up high. You need your best players when up 5 on 3 and down 5 on 3.

But unless its in the final minute or something I would prefer to bubble wrap Kesler and Burrows because we cannot afford to lose them.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
no Hansen?

I see

Perfect.

Kassian has really nice hands, I think he could pretty quickly adjust to feeding Booth and Kesler.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
no Hansen?

I see

I like those lines as well, Kass has enough vision to be the "playmaker" for lack of a better term, with Kesler ans Booth, and he is a monster of puck possession along the boards. In my opinion that's a 1st line right there.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
finally get to see him back! like the majority of the consensus on here stated, he needs to be perfectly 100 percent prior to gearing up for games.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
no Hansen?

I see

I like your lineup. I would be comfortable with Booth or Ballard being upgraded. If we do end up trading luo, Ballard and Booth should provide an additional 4.2 million on top of lous 5. So 9 million plus our current 1 million, 10 mil of cap space fir a backup and a upgrade on d or 2nd line winger.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Speaking of Kesler's return .........

I seriously hope AV does not expect he and Burrows to do 1st pairing PK anymore on a regular basis.

I get anxiety attacks every time I see Kesler hobbling around after blocking a shot . We just cannot afford this anymore. Hes too valuable .

I think Hansen and Raymond have shown they now can handle it. Then Manny and Lappy as the second pairing. I would like to see Schroeder start to get some minutes but AV probably doesn't think he is ready yet.

down 5 on3, we are still going to use Burrows as the other D , and Kesler up high. You need your best players when up 5 on 3 and down 5 on 3.

But unless its in the final minute or something I would prefer to bubble wrap Kesler and Burrows because we cannot afford to lose them.

I wouldn't mind using other players on the PK from time to time to give Kesler/Burrows a rest as they log lots of hard minutes, but you still have to use them on the PK, IMO. Can't be afraid of injuries. Injuries can come just as easy if a player doesn't play as much too.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Last season, 6 forwards were regularly used on the PK. It was done specifically to reduce the wear and tear on Burrows and Kesler.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
At #Canucks super skills, Ryan Kesler says he "can see the light at the end of the tunnel" and that his return is "just around the corner"

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Get excited.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Outsider here. I've read that there is no time table for Kesler's return. But ideally is there a possibility he returns this month?
Nevermind. Seemed the last post above me answered my question!

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Outsider here. I've read that there is no time table for Kesler's return. But ideally is there a possibility he returns this month?
Nevermind. Seemed the last post above me answered my question!

Yup. Seems far more likely than not that he'll be back within a handful of games at this point.

:yo:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Alot of options. We could even potentially load up a 1st line for stretches without leaving a poor lineup behind it.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth/Higgins/Kassian
Booth/Higgins/Kassian/Lapierre - Burrows - Hansen
Booth/Higgins/Kassian - Lapierre - Malhotra/Weise

Basically what the team looks like now, with Booth added to the existing lineup and a ridiculously dynamite first line.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
did watching those videos ever get me excited! Its really ashame the Cap is going down and we can't just keep both goalies long term and ride each of them while they are hot.

Im thinking we will be a cup favorite again if we eve get a healthy roster

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
no Hansen?

I see
Why not? They haven't developed THAT much chemistry, IMO. Hansen looked really bad last game, and he clicks with everyone.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Although kes was playing on one leg in the finals, he was one of the guys that was playing his heart out. Considering that we couldn't buy a goal and shouldn't have been worrying about depth scoring, I was disappointed that AV didn't try loading up the first line with injured kes and the sedins. Kes is probably the one guy that may be able to trigger some type of intensity into the sedins game. Having said that, I think I finally saw henrik play with some intensity against the kings in the first round.
It was the only silver lining from the LA series. The twins finally looked ready to play with playoff intensity.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
I don't get the rationale behind loading up Kesler with the Sedins on the first line.

I guess if you think that Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows (or Booth-Schroeder-Burrows) is a viable second like then fine, but in my opinion the return on choosing to be a one line team would not be worth the cost.

Doing so in the Finals in 2011 would have absolutely killed us, as we routinely got lit up when Boston's depth forwards overmatched ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad