Ryan Kesler In Practice With The Canucks Today

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
fans-war-face-5626.gif

Seriously, terrific news. Huge asset to our PP, PK and general depth, goes without saying. Having his sandpaper back in the lineup won't hurt either.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Anyone know how extensive of a practice he took? Justing skating with the team doesn't really say much, but if he was taking part in a full practice that says another.

hackey

Oh Did I Offend You
Aug 18, 2003
That's Too Bad
Visit site
While he's been cleared for contact, he said it's too early to tell when Kesler will suit up and play.

been cleared for contact
Best line in the article

Is Booth shooting pucks yet or is he still shooting ducks at Stanley Park

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
He better not play a game until he's 100%. We're lucky there was a lockout this year so he could recover.

Keifer

May 8, 2012
been cleared for contact
Best line in the article

LOL i found this very funny and as far as i know, no updates since jan 15th on him yet

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
We only play 5 games over the next 2 weeks. I'd say sometime after that seems about right to start hoping for him to get back.

Crows*

Ideal time to get kes back at practice. Loads of practice time for the team. Many 2 day breaks.

CookieCrumbs*

been cleared for contact
Best line in the article

He's drinking beers at the Vancouver Club right now.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If we're winning games let's not rush him back and when we do bring him back, ease him into the the lineup with several games with less than 15 mins a game.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
He's been on the shelf for half a year. Rust is the concern now, not rush.

Scared Canucks fans, afraid of breaking a nail.

MajorCanuck

Cup Please
Dec 30, 2011
Surrey, BC
Sure, but I think this is more in the realm of extreme paranoia.

Not really. It is believed Kesler rushed back during his last major injury and it made it worse later on. We don't need him right now, we need him to be 100% in the playoffs though.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011

He's had multiple shoulder and hip injuries. The last two required surgery and healing time longer than the average off-season. I don't see how the worry constitutes paranoia, much less "extreme" paranoia.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Kesler is not the same player when he plays injured, which he has been for the past two seasons.

He should not see any game time until he's 110% recovered, as we need him at his best for the playoffs.

I'd take a 100% healthy Kesler who's rusty over a broken-in Kesler who's playing through an injury any day of the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad