Proposal: Ryan Johansen

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The "1st round pick" from the Jets would be Jack Roslovic as he's Columbus born and they'd value him more then a late first from this draft. They need to sell tickets!

I think I'd offer Myers, whose a top pair dman here and in Buffalo straight up for Ry Jo. If they wanted Roslovic I'd offer up a lesser D or I'd try to build it into a bigger trade and bring back Werenski or Murray as well. (When the Jets do blockbusters, they do blockbusters.)

What we do would also hinge on if I could get Hamonic for someone other than Trouba or Myers.

In my ideal scenario we a blockbuster and add Ry Jo and werenski/Murray for Myers, Ladd, Roslovic and their pick of Burmi, Petan, Armia or Lemieux.

Trade Buff at the deadline for pieces to help acquire Hamonic in the offseason.

Trade Buff acquisition + what islanders want for Hamonic in the offseason.

next year:

Little Ry Jo Wheeler
Perrault Scheif Stafford
Connor Burmi/Lowry/Petan Ehlers
Lowry Copp Armia
Thorburn

Enstrom Hamonic
Werenski/Murray Trouba
Morrissey Charot
Stuart

It's still hard to fit guys with all our prospects... seems almost time to start packaging a few up to try to get a better player.

have you checked the standings lately? Our first could turn into Austin Mathews. That's not a late first.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Also, as of now, our 1st is UNTOUCHABLE. We're bottom 7 in the league and are 3 points out of last. You don't move that pick

I can see two sides to this.

1. The new lottery system allows for teams in the 4-10 range to have a not-unrealistic chance at a top 3 pick. Making lottery picks that much more valuable.

2. What are the odds a top 7-8 pick gets you a player of Johansen's caliber?

What we do know(for the most part), based on the strength of this draft is that you aren't getting a player for next year unless their name is Chychrun or Matthews. For a team like the Jets, if you re-sign Buff and Ladd are you not committing to the short-medium term goals? Johansen accomplishes that far more than either of those two prospects.

Not really taking either side, but there's something to be said for a 6% chance at Auston Matthews vs a First Line Center.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
have you checked the standings lately? Our first could turn into Austin Mathews. That's not a late first.

To clarify, the late first was in reference to what other teams would be offering. I don't think any team that isn't a lock for the playoffs trades a their own first right now.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Last season Hanifin fell to 5 OA and a few years ago Seth Jones fell to #4

Chychrun could fall a few spots if teams need forwards over D and if the Jets keep playing badly....

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I can see two sides to this.

1. The new lottery system allows for teams in the 4-10 range to have a not-unrealistic chance at a top 3 pick. Making lottery picks that much more valuable.

2. What are the odds a top 7-8 pick gets you a player of Johansen's caliber?

What we do know(for the most part), based on the strength of this draft is that you aren't getting a player for next year unless their name is Chychrun or Matthews. For a team like the Jets, if you re-sign Buff and Ladd are you not committing to the short-medium term goals? Johansen accomplishes that far more than either of those two prospects.

Not really taking either side, but there's something to be said for a 6% chance at Auston Matthews vs a First Line Center.

That pick also has a chance of being top 3. It's safer to hold onto that pick. It should not be a throw in

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
The "1st round pick" from the Jets would be Jack Roslovic as he's Columbus born and they'd value him more then a late first from this draft. They need to sell tickets!

I think I'd offer Myers, whose a top pair dman here and in Buffalo straight up for Ry Jo. If they wanted Roslovic I'd offer up a lesser D or I'd try to build it into a bigger trade and bring back Werenski or Murray as well. (When the Jets do blockbusters, they do blockbusters.)

What we do would also hinge on if I could get Hamonic for someone other than Trouba or Myers.

In my ideal scenario we'd do a blockbuster to add Ry Jo and werenski/Murray for Myers, Ladd, Roslovic and their pick of Burmi, Petan, Armia or Lemieux.

Trade Buff at the deadline for pieces to help acquire Hamonic in the offseason.

Trade Buff acquisition + what islanders want for Hamonic in the offseason.

next year:

Little Ry Jo Wheeler
Perrault Scheif Stafford
Connor Burmi/Lowry/Petan Ehlers
Lowry Copp Armia
Thorburn

Enstrom Hamonic
Werenski/Murray Trouba
Morrissey Charot
Stuart

It's still hard to fit guys with all our prospects... seems almost time to start packaging a few up to try to get a better player.

There is no way the Blue Jackets go for Myers for RyJo. No way they trade Werenski or Murray. Take that to their fans and see how that goes. And will we be getting a top 4 D-Man signed long term for Buff? Because that is what the Islanders want for Hamonic

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
There is no way the Blue Jackets go for Myers for RyJo. No way they trade Werenski or Murray. Take that to their fans and see how that goes. And will we be getting a top 4 D-Man signed long term for Buff? Because that is what the Islanders want for Hamonic

Obviously I don't agree with you, but we're both entitled to our opinions. On the main trade board they say they want a top pairing D (23 - 25 years old) for Ry Jo. That's Tyler Myers.

To trade Hamonic in season they want a replacement signed long term. In the offseason they can address that need via free agency and what they might be willing to accept in a Hamonic trade could change.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Obviously I don't agree with you, but we're both entitled to our opinions. On the main trade board they say they want a top pairing D (23 - 25 years old) for Ry Jo. That's Tyler Myers.

They said they want a D man of Ryan Johansen's caliber. This and last year combined Ryan Johansen is 16th in the NHL in scoring, 8th among Centers. 30 teams x 4 centers = 120. 8th out of 120 puts him in the top 7% of centers in this league. That's including THIS "struggling" season so far.

Go back to 13-14 and he's 13th in the NHL in scoring, 6th for centers and in the top 5%. Myers is not(as they said on the main board) his "blueline equivalent" or even close.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
They said they want a D man of Ryan Johansen's caliber. This and last year combined Ryan Johansen is 16th in the NHL in scoring, 8th among Centers. 30 teams x 4 centers = 120. 8th out of 120 puts him in the top 7% of centers in this league. That's including THIS "struggling" season so far.

Go back to 13-14 and he's 13th in the NHL in scoring, 6th for centers and in the top 5%. Myers is not(as they said on the main board) his "blueline equivalent" or even close.

You're right, no deal here. We would need to get Myers to develop a bad attitude and poor work ethic. Then demote him to the third pairing and end up benching him for a couple games for lack of effort. Throw in some tension between the coaches and Myers and have Chevy publicly announce his support of the benching. Then he would be much closer to Johansen's "blueline equivalent".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Need more than a small plus there...

Little, Myers, Roslovic

for

RyJo, Werenski (or Murray)

Little, Myers, Roslovic

for

RyJo, Werenski (or Murray) I do that all day. I think I prefer Werenski but I'm not even sure why. Injury worry?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Little, Myers, Roslovic

for

RyJo, Werenski (or Murray) I do that all day. I think I prefer Werenski but I'm not even sure why. Injury worry?

I think Werenski is going to be a star. He's exactly what the Jets need. I like him more than Murray because of his dynamic skating, puck-moving and offense.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
You're right, no deal here. We would need to get Myers to develop into an elite defenseman

Corrected that for you. Let's not blindly ignore the fact that Johansen is a top 10 offensive centerman at 23 years old.

Myers is a good 2/3 defenseman with potential.

The last 5 seasons, the list of Centers to put up 60 or more points at or under the age of 23....

Stamkos, Seguin, Tavares, Toews, Kopitar, Johansen, Duchene, Crosby, Couture, Backstrom, O'Reilly, Monahan, MacKinnon.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Werenski is going to be a star. He's exactly what the Jets need. I like him more than Murray because of his dynamic skating, puck-moving and offense.

If we take RyJo and Little out can we have Werenski for Myers and Roslovic?

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

Thank you for this. The Jets didn't even trade Kane for Myers straight up. So now Kane > RyJo? I really hope Chevy is trying to get this guy. He is exactly what any team needs.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
On the SCORE Johansen reported to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch that he was hospitalized with an elevated heart rate over the summer. The Blue Jackets were informed and kept it quite.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
On the SCORE Johansen reported to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch that he was hospitalized with an elevated heart rate over the summer. The Blue Jackets were informed and kept it quite.

This is old news. It came out shortly after Torts was hired.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I feel like if the Jets are in on him, Trouba will be the main ask.

Not sure how I would feel about that, but wouldn't be a for sure no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad