Proposal: Ryan Johansen

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ryan Johansen will be a healthy scratch tonight, his play has been at an all time low, and he has great potential being a former #4 overall selection in 2010.

In 31 games played so far this year he has 6 goals and 16 assists and is a -6. He leads the team in giveaways at 18 and has been noted as uninterested on the ice.

TSN speculates that teams would have to offer their 1st round pick and a top 4 defenseman to obtain him.

My question is, would you make an offer for him? If so would you be willing to offer a 1st round selection and a top 4 defenseman? Finally, what would you offer?

For me I wouldn't offer Trouba and a 1st for him. I would be more tempted to offer Myers and a 1st for him. For me, I would much rather allow Columbus an opportunity to speak with the agent of Byfuglien and move him and a 1st rounder if that would work. Byfuglien may bring the people out to the game as their attendance is down this year, he is a defenseman that they desperately need, he is still in his prime, and for Winnipeg, it allows the team to focus more minutes on our other top 4 defenseman.

What do you think?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'd be really reluctant to offer up this year's first. We are playing reasonably good hockey, but the end result is quite ugly. Special teams are a hot mess. We could conceivably finish bottom five this year, if not bottom three if management decides to move Buff and Ladd rather than re-signing them.

Buff on a sign and trade is a good deal though I remain torn on moving Buff (which is a shift from my usual stance over the past two years). We still have a glut of RHD and we should move one, not named Trouba.

I'd rather move an RHD and another player/prospect than our 1st. RyJo isn't going to be the solution to this season.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I would want to speak with Ryan Johansen and his agent as well first, he could easily walk on us in a years time I think based on his contract. Not something I wanna invest heavily in. Buff and a 1st would be very high compensation, this guy could be a cancer we dont know.

A top 4 dman AND a 1st? If we trade Myers and a 1st I think I would want a top 6 LHD in return as well. That and we would have to make sure we are resigning buff.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Zero chance Chevy trades a 1st and Myers for a guy with some questions swirling about his character. Also, as was discussed in the stickied trade thread, his contract is designed to get him to UFA...

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Zero chance Chevy trades a 1st and Myers for a guy with some questions swirling about his character. Also, as was discussed in the stickied trade thread, his contract is designed to get him to UFA...

BREAKING: Our AHL All-Star Management Team is not interested in a 23 year old Top 15 center for a 1st rounder and ****sack Tyler Myers. More at 11.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
We don't make bold moves unless our hands are tied to the point the rest of the players take it into their own hands - see Kane, Evander.

There's zero chance we're willing to move the pieces necessary to land Johansen. I'd love to see it but it won't happen.

Derfel*

Not interested, really. If he isn't happy where he is, he won't be happy here.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Talented Kid but its never good when even I know he is lazy.

pass

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He has an O'Reilly contract. It makes him a very high risk/reward for anyone who acquires him. $6M QO after next season and then he's a UFA.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not interested, really. If he isn't happy where he is, he won't be happy here.

Talented Kid but its never good when even I know he is lazy.

pass

He has an O'Reilly contract. It makes him a very high risk/reward for anyone who acquires him. $6M QO after next season and then he's a UFA.

These 3 posts.
The only mitigating consideration is that we could qualify him and then trade him in his last year. We wouldn't get all of our investment back at that point but we could cut our losses.

Edit: Plus agree with all the posts saying Chevy wouldn't do it anyway.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I would do a trade like that as long as we're willing to move Ladd to potentially reacquire a first or a LHD to play in the top 4. And of course if there was someone without RyJo's character issues I'd never hesitate.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I would do a trade like that as long as we're willing to move Ladd to potentially reacquire a first or a LHD to play in the top 4. And of course if there was someone without RyJo's character issues I'd never hesitate.

And maybe I'm just ignorant, but what are his character issues? I think Torts is the problem in that relationship. Was it cause he held out? The team would just as easily screw over the player, so I never have a problem with the player wanting more money.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
And maybe I'm just ignorant, but what are his character issues? I think Torts is the problem in that relationship. Was it cause he held out? The team would just as easily screw over the player, so I never have a problem with the player wanting more money.

Torts is a moron, but he doesnt' bench the best player if he didn't have a reason in the first place.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Need more than a small plus there...

Little, Myers, Roslovic

for

RyJo, Werenski (or Murray)

Myers isn't what they are looking for. They want a stud D-MAN, not someone we're still banking on potential that he never reached. And neither of these guys are a 23 YEAR OLD FIRST LINE CENTER. You're going to have to overpay. I'd take this deal too, but no way the Blue Jackets do that.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Columbus healthy-scratches RyJo last night and the team scores 7 goals. Is someone going to have to throw his track suit into the shower or what? :sarcasm:

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Also, as of now, our 1st is UNTOUCHABLE. We're bottom 7 in the league and are 3 points out of last. You don't move that pick

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
The "1st round pick" from the Jets would be Jack Roslovic as he's Columbus born and they'd value him more then a late first from this draft. They need to sell tickets!

I think I'd offer Myers, whose a top pair dman here and in Buffalo straight up for Ry Jo. If they wanted Roslovic I'd offer up a lesser D or I'd try to build it into a bigger trade and bring back Werenski or Murray as well. (When the Jets do blockbusters, they do blockbusters.)

What we do would also hinge on if I could get Hamonic for someone other than Trouba or Myers.

In my ideal scenario we'd do a blockbuster to add Ry Jo and werenski/Murray for Myers, Ladd, Roslovic and their pick of Burmi, Petan, Armia or Lemieux.

Trade Buff at the deadline for pieces to help acquire Hamonic in the offseason.

Trade Buff acquisition + what islanders want for Hamonic in the offseason.

next year:

Little Ry Jo Wheeler
Perrault Scheif Stafford
Connor Burmi/Lowry/Petan Ehlers
Lowry Copp Armia
Thorburn

Enstrom Hamonic
Werenski/Murray Trouba
Morrissey Charot
Stuart

It's still hard to fit guys with all our prospects... seems almost time to start packaging a few up to try to get a better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad