Proposal: Ryan Johansen

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I can see two sides to this.

1. The new lottery system allows for teams in the 4-10 range to have a not-unrealistic chance at a top 3 pick. Making lottery picks that much more valuable.

2. What are the odds a top 7-8 pick gets you a player of Johansen's caliber?

What we do know(for the most part), based on the strength of this draft is that you aren't getting a player for next year unless their name is Chychrun or Matthews. For a team like the Jets, if you re-sign Buff and Ladd are you not committing to the short-medium term goals? Johansen accomplishes that far more than either of those two prospects.

Not really taking either side, but there's something to be said for a 6% chance at Auston Matthews vs a First Line Center.

See Mark "Off the Board" Scheifele.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
BREAKING: Our AHL All-Star Management Team is not interested in a 23 year old Top 15 center for a 1st rounder and ****sack Tyler Myers. More at 11.

Wait, did someone give you a scoop about this potential trade? Do tell... Or is it just another HFB fantasy trade that Chevy missed out on?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So Columbus actually offered Johansen to the Jets but Chevy said no I'm no interested at all? Is that the story now?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So Columbus actually offered Johansen to the Jets but Chevy said no I'm no interested at all? Is that the story now?

Just another in a long line of great HFB trades that Chevy has missed on. He needs to spend more time browsing through the trade threads here to figure out what trade options are out there, and which ones to make.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Did you see the OT winner the other night when they played the Kings? Oh it was bad.

I just checked the highlight reel. Hoo boy. Was he out there for a triple shift? I can only assume he was absolutely gassed. He got beat by someone doing a half-circle the size of the entire defensive zone.

Controller Disconnected indeed.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I just checked the highlight reel. Hoo boy. Was he out there for a triple shift? I can only assume he was absolutely gassed. He got beat by someone doing a half-circle the size of the entire defensive zone.

Controller Disconnected indeed.

I just went and checked his ice time that game. It was a 33 second shift. Yeh, that was bad.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/12/19/penguins-looking-for-a-way-to-turn-around-their-fortunes

RUMOURS DU JOUR

All eyes are on Columbus forward Ryan Johansen and we’ve been told there is a ton of interest. The Minnesota Wild and Jets are believed to be among the teams that have been kicking tires. He has been in the doghouse since coach John Tortorella arrived and the 23-year-old’s his ice time has taken a hit. The Jackets aren’t shopping Johansen, who has a deal that runs through next season with a $4 million cap hit, but GM Jarmo Kekalainen isn’t hanging up on anybody who inquires either. He was a healthy scratch Thursday against the Avalanche but returned to play on the top line Saturday night. You can’t trade a guy if you don’t play him because you devalue the player

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Let other teams outbid for him, his next contract is going to be HUGE...
Myers, Petan, 2017 1st rounder and Ladd for RyJo and Murray.

They get a very offensive minded puck moving RHD , a great prospect that probably makes their team next year if not this year, a leader and LWer that has averaged 61 points the last 3 seasons and a first round pick.
We get a bona fide 1C and a LHD that might be a top pairing or at the very least, a 2nd pairing young D man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad