Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think that's as likely as anything.

Perhaps he is demoralized by the overall inept state of his team? He sure doesn't appear to be a leader. Could he be easily influenced and lack resiliency?

I think there are players- Rick Nash is a good example who are just not leaders and only reach their potential when they have strong leadership. Nash is great on national teams consistently among the best players on those teams.

If there is one thing a leader absolutely must have it's resiliency. If there is one thing the 2015-2016 CBJ have not shown on the ice it's resiliency. Apparently Torts rant about the lack of leadership on this roster rings true.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The inept state of the team is a direct result of Joey's play. Give the team about 10 more goals, which is what Joey should have contributed, and they have 3-4 more wins. Then give them 10 more from Nick and have have isolated the problem with the Jackets offense and the team as a whole. If we had the same production from Joey and Nick as we did last year, we could have 7-8 more wins and at least be in the playoff conversation.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The inept state of the team is a direct result of Joey's play. Give the team about 10 more goals, which is what Joey should have contributed, and they have 3-4 more wins. Then give them 10 more from Nick and have have isolated the problem with the Jackets offense and the team as a whole. If we had the same production from Joey and Nick as we did last year, we could have 7-8 more wins and at least be in the playoff conversation.

I might remotely agree with this, however we're 28th in goals against. His production is pretty much irrelevant.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

IF we had 20 more goals we would be leading the conference in scoring.

IF you have to depend on that kind of production to be in the playoff conversation, and you already have an all-world goalie, then maybe focus on fixing the D?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
But that is my point. This team as constructed was built with sheavt emphasis on iffense & we have not received that necessary level if offensive production to compensate for the lax defense.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Scoring goals isn't your problem, the problem you have is keeping the puck out of the net. So far your team has scored as many goals as MN Wild, yet Wild are 8th in the league with less games played than any other team above them.

However Wild have also given up a whopping 38 goals less than CBJ has given up thus far. The best way to fix your team going forward is to get some dman who can play defense and be better at transitioning the play up ice. That is where your best improvement will come from.

Hiring Torts won't solve that, and trading away Johansen (while i'd love to see him on the Wild) won't help you much, at best you might get a young dman, but one young dman won't solve the issues on the backend.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hiring Torts won't solve that, and trading away Johansen (while i'd love to see him on the Wild) won't help you much, at best you might get a young dman, but one young dman won't solve the issues on the backend.

A defence composed of a #2,3,4,5,6,6 is a bad defence. Like bottom tier in the league. A defence of #1,2,3,4,5,6 is an average defence, which is a huge improvement for the Jackets. The difference? ONE D-MAN.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Scoring goals isn't your problem, the problem you have is keeping the puck out of the net. So far your team has scored as many goals as MN Wild, yet Wild are 8th in the league with less games played than any other team above them.

However Wild have also given up a whopping 38 goals less than CBJ has given up thus far. The best way to fix your team going forward is to get some dman who can play defense and be better at transitioning the play up ice. That is where your best improvement will come from.

Sorry got to disagree with a few points:
-Torts makes the team play defense and be accountable on that end much more than TR. So that in itself makes the defense better.
-We've seen in the past when Hitch got the team (CBJ) to buy in to playing D that an average blue line can look pretty good if you have 6 guys playing D as a team. Issue is if team can be opportunistic enough to still score 3 goals in regulation to win the 3-2 games or at least get a point in going to OT.
-Same deal with the early years of the Wild, you didn't have a fantastic blue line or a great team - but you had a team that played a way that was successful enough to keep you in most games.

Edit - We do need an upgrade on talent on blue line no doubt, but adding Torts makes our team better defensively

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
It's pretty amazing to see some really good offers for Drouin on the mains, when he hasn't accomplished half of what Joey has and has now publicly asked for a trade, which can't be said for Johansen.

HF gonna HF.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
It's pretty amazing to see some really good offers for Drouin on the mains, when he hasn't accomplished half of what Joey has and has now publicly asked for a trade, which can't be said for Johansen.

HF gonna HF.

I don't think their is a perception of Drouin being 'damaged goods' like their is with Johansen.

I hope they keep Joey. He has looked more engaged these past few games and is throwing some crushing hits

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't think their is a perception of Drouin being 'damaged goods' like their is with Johansen.

I hope they keep Joey. He has looked more engaged these past few games and is throwing some crushing hits

Not to mention hes starting to connect on those no look back hand passes :laugh: :laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

This is the problem with guys like Ryan. When they play good, and they have value, you don't want to trade them. When they play bad, and have less value, you want to trade them. You need to determine if you want to keep Ryan or not. If it's not, you need to trade him whether he is playing good or not.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

HF gonna HF.
Those offers don't appear to be in the majority to me. There's plenty of garbage lowballs in there, and several high-vacuum-value offers that I would assume don't address what TB would be after (can't be sure as I don't know their targets yet). Pretty similar, actually.

I'm just glad there's someone else for the vultures to obsess over. Heck, I just might offer to do another FAQ for the Bolts fans. :D

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

HF gonna HF.

I noticed, and commented on that. I guess if you haven't played in the NHL much it can be a good thing, as you haven't been exposed yet.

Anyway, GM's are not TBL HF board nerds, Johansen a lot more value than Drouin.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Again, Eklund, but...

Hearing a few names including a top flight defenseman and a veteran forward could be soon heading to Columbus for Ryan Johansen.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Predators-Seriously-In-on-Ryan-Johansen--e4/1/73729

7drHiqrh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad