Speculation: Ryan Johansen "Softly in play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Why do you think people are offering so much...?

Can't really tell if those are coming from Jackets fans or not. I just got back from the main boards post and most people are saying that the proposals are hugely in favor of CBJ. That was my impression anyway. Especially that Blues offer. People calling for firings if St. Louis does that lol.

Anyway, I'll get out of your hair. I was really scared of the Blue Jackets coming into this season. I'm a big fan of Saad and Bobrovsky is on my fantasy league. I thought they were ripe to take the next step, but it's certainly been a slow start (to say the least). Hopefully you guys can turn it around...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Can't really tell if those are coming from Jackets fans or not. I just got back from the main boards post and most people are saying that the proposals are hugely in favor of CBJ. That was my impression anyway. Especially that Blues offer. People calling for firings if St. Louis does that lol.

Anyway, I'll get out of your hair. I was really scared of the Blue Jackets coming into this season. I'm a big fan of Saad and Bobrovsky is on my fantasy league. I thought they were ripe to take the next step, but it's certainly been a slow start (to say the least). Hopefully you guys can turn it around...

You might be right. The truth, as they say, is usually somewhere in the middle. You have to give to get in this league. We message board posters place a lot of emphasis on him being the first #1 center this team has had.

I can only hope that Jarmo places the same emphasis on that

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You might be right. The truth, as they say, is usually somewhere in the middle. You have to give to get in this league. We message board posters place a lot of emphasis on him being the first #1 center this team has had.

I can only hope that Jarmo places the same emphasis on that

Yeah for sure. Hopefully he will continue to mature and be a driving force.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
idk if anyone else saw it but the last few shifts Johansen was out there he was actually seemed like he was giving 110%. You could tell he was upset and did not want to lose. I was just waiting for him to take over and score. Sadly he didnt.

Part of me is like yes, do it. Get as much as humanly possible, get your top Dman, another middle pairing Dman or top defensive prospect and a top pick. The defensive prospect would preferably be one whose fighting for a spot this year so we can push Prout and Connauton on this roster. I feel like Jenner, Dubinsky, Karlsson, Wennberg and Campbell is sufficient center depth. And now that we have Saad it won't cripple our winger depth if Jenner moves to center in case of emergency. And all of our strength prospect wise is definitely at wing. So we should have prospects fighting for spots(at wing) for the next 2-3 years.

And then the other half of me is like that is the dumbest thing you could ever do. Be patient and let the team develop. Trade away futures and noncore players to reshape the defense.

Johansen (+?)

For

Vlasic + Mueller (+/-)

Edit: on second thought, SJ has no incentive to do this, they've been playing really well so far this season.

Jenner Dubinsky Wennberg Campbell are not gonna win a Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jenner Dubinsky Clarkson Wennberg Campbell are not gonna win a Stanley Cup.

I could more easily imagine some combination of Jenner, Foligno, Dubinsky, Karlsson, and Wennberg centering a Stanley Cup winner, than imagine this group of D-men defending their way to the Stanley Cup. That group of centers isn't far off of Krejci/Bergeron. But the D? I don't know of any Stanley Cup D in history that were this bad. Carolina 2006 was easily the worst but their D were better than this.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The Tortorella comments, the "sickness", the agent getting involved, this rumor being leaked....

CBJ want rid of this guy, and fast. Hopefully the real story will come out eventually.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
The exact same thing was said a couple of weeks ago(or maybe last week?). In fact, it was from the same guy(Dreger) and on the same segment(TSN NHL Insider Trading). Originally not much talk about it as I assume everyone(fans of Columbus/other teams/media) took it as "team is struggling, teams asking to see if he is available, Jarmo doing his job by listening. Basic procedure, No way Johansen is dealt" and that was it. But I wonder since Dreger repeated this rumor a couple of weeks later, this is a bigger story then originally thought(not so much of teams calling because Columbus is still sucking but because Jarmo is now serious on listening to offers. Like DJ said, there must a be a bigger story to this and it will come out. Possibly more teams scouting Columbus and Columbus brass scouting other teams).

this was the original video
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading~748880

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
I do not believe for a second that they are even considering moving Joey, but in the event it happens, no matter the return, I would stop supporting this team that same second.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Joey has Nash like talent. Unfortunately he seems to have a Nash like psyche. Throw in the likelihood he will probably want north of 8 mill a year and at the least there is another contentious negotiation awaiting. I can see why he might be traded.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Given that there have been rumors about shopping both Atkinson and Rychel for the better part of a year, or keeping up crap on the fourth line at the expense of actual young players who need a shot, I have a tough time believing this to be the case.

Pretty sure it was reported that as Jarmo has been shopping Rychel, there are a number of interested team, but they are shocked at the quality of defensemen he's expecting in return. We don't even discuss Wennberg, Werenski, Bjorkstrand.

I'd be very surprised if this is anything more than bait and switch.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I could more easily imagine some combination of Jenner, Foligno, Dubinsky, Karlsson, and Wennberg centering a Stanley Cup winner, than imagine this group of D-men defending their way to the Stanley Cup. That group of centers isn't far off of Krejci/Bergeron. But the D? I don't know of any Stanley Cup D in history that were this bad. Carolina 2006 was easily the worst but their D were better than this.

I'm not advocating sticking with this D. But moving Joey for D would just move a roster hole to a different place. We can get help on D another way and besides, we have better prospects to address that need than we do to address dealing a 1C, which we have none

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think RyJo is untouchable. His next contract will be a huge problem for this team. So, if you can make a move that benefits the team longer term, you do it. But the bigger question is what kind of move would benefit the team and can they get another team to agree to the "king's ransom" that would probably be needed to make the move.

All and all I don't see much happening, particularly if RyJo picks up his pace as he seems to be doing lately.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I strongly disagree with the notion that moving RyJo, who will be a major problem in his next contract negotiation, should stop people from supporting the team. A player as enigmatic as RyJo should never come before the team.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
This franchise does not need a guy who will coast around the ice. They need players with fire in their belly. Joey is too laid back. It won't work.

CBJ have to pay Boone, Wild Bill and Murray. Joey's agent is going to want $8-$10M/season and he is simply too risky. CBJ at a another cross road.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
If CBJ really are considering moving Joey then it reminds me of the Bruins/Julien/Seguin scenario. Bet Bruins would like a do over on that one.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If CBJ really are considering moving Joey then it reminds me of the Bruins/Julien/Seguin scenario. Bet Bruins would like a do over on that one.

Yes...and no.

If half of the stuff I have heard about Seguin (not things that have been posted) are true, then I am not unhappy the B's dealt him, and they probably had to. What I was unhappy about was the return. If the B's had gotten Eriksson, Klingberg, Chiasson, and a 1st instead of the return they did, people would not be nearly as unhappy with the deal.

That's the risk any time you trade a young guy like Seguin or RJ.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I do not believe for a second that they are even considering moving Joey, but in the event it happens, no matter the return, I would stop supporting this team that same second.

Glad to see you're keeping an open mind and not rushing to judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad