Ryan Johansen offer sheet

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
:rolleyes:
It's going to be fun watching you do this again...

I love Eichel. your statement is simply stupid.

Eichel = top 5 player in the world

Johansen = very good player, will make a few all star games

They won't be in the same stratosphere. I assume you watched 18 year old Johansen? He wasn't in the same planet as Eichel is now.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I love Johansen.

But Columbus is not stupid. There's no way they are letting him go for anything short of massive overpayment. Don't let the negotiations fool you, Columbus knows that they have the leverage with Johansen being a RFA and they're using it. Not unlike what the Canadiens did with Subban a couple years ago.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

They won't be in the same stratosphere. I assume you watched 18 year old Johansen? He wasn't in the same planet as Eichel is now.

Nice avatar, captain predictions

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Without getting into Eichel vs Johansen. I think you're getting quite carried away with your Eichel projection. Top 5 player in the world? There are players in his draft class that may still pass him before next years draft. Are you saying 3 to 4 of the best players in the world are getting drafted next June?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Without getting into Eichel vs Johansen. I think you're getting quite carried away with your Eichel projection. Top 5 player in the world? There are players in his draft class that may still pass him before next years draft. Are you saying 3 to 4 of the best players in the world are getting drafted next June?

No, I think two are.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I agree that he's unlikely to be a top 5 player in the world, a projection that is very iffy for McDavid as well, but I doubt anyone passes him.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
We've come this far...There's no point in messing up the tank now..Let's complete the operation...There will be times in the future when we can sign RFAs and UFAs....That time is definitely not now....

ZeroPT*

Someone mentioned salary structure... that's one thing you don't want to **** with.

Rather wait it out and get a free Johansen in next year's draft.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Johansen.jpg

22 of those goals against backup goalies.

Too much buyer beware to gamble a top 2 pick + salary cap

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
McDavid. Eichel. That should answer your question.

I do think we could put together a good offer though.

Stl. 1st + 2016 1st + Lemieux + Hodgson

No offense, but I'd laugh you off the phone if you offered me that for Johansen.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If buffalo is offer sheeting Johansson they will not be getting McEichel unless the NYIs are top 2.

If its by trade they have him they likely will not be picking top 5 unless they were to win the lottery,

Columbus wont trade him for picks. they want to make that step forward as a franchise.

they should just sign him to a bridge and be done with it.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
If buffalo is offer sheeting Johansson they will not be getting McEichel unless the NYIs are top 2.

If its by trade they have him they likely will not be picking top 5 unless they were to win the lottery,

Columbus wont trade him for picks. they want to make that step forward as a franchise.

they should just sign him to a bridge and be done with it.

Columbus wants to sign him 2 y/3,5 million but Johansen wants longterm deal with 7 million, which is totally ridiculous considering he's a RFA with one good season under his belt. Guys like Duchene and Giroux had two years bridge deal with 3,5 million and they were more proven.

Not interested in a bonehead like him, who even has to prove himself longer term.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
No offense, but I'd laugh you off the phone if you offered me that for Johansen.

Two 1sts + a top 6 player + a highly touted prospect? You know Hodgson was on pace for almost the same numbers johansen put up during the lockout season? As a 2nd year pro, first line center? Phil Kessel was traded for two 1st and a 2nd. I think people are losing their minds about this kids value. It absolutely gets you in the door if CBJ is serious about moving him.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah, I agree with Stokes, if that offer doesn't raise a brow, I wouldn't go after him. I like Johansson but I'm not busting up the rebuild because he had a good year.

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, I agree with Stokes, if that offer doesn't raise a brow, I wouldn't go after him. I like Johansson but I'm not busting up the rebuild because he had a good year.

I think CBJ would rather the higher 1st and a center with a more rounded game. If Johansson is available better roster players will be in play. They aren't laughing you out of the room, but nothing in that deal makes a dent in the loss of Johansson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad