Ryan Getzlaf vs Jonathan Toews

Getzlaf or Toews

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Career = Getzlaf, Toews being on an elite team for so long flatters his career achievements. Replace Toews with Getzlaf and that Hawks team is even better than it was. I see Getzlaf as a clear upgrade in in most facets of the game: bigger, stronger and much better playmaker.

I don't see the Hawks getting better with Getzlaf. They already had an elite point producer in Kane, and more than enough depth scoring. Toews was a better ES scorer than Getzlaf, and with Kane, Getzlaf's PP advantage wasn't needed. Meanwhile, while Getzlaf isn't a slouch defensively, Toews was simply a better matchup center, more capable of going head to head against the other team's best and coming out ahead. With Kane's line there to take on more offensive assignments, Toews was the better option for how the lines were rolled. Getzlaf is/was a better option as the best player/forward on a team, but Toews was the better option for the Hawks

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't see the Hawks getting better with Getzlaf. They already had an elite point producer in Kane, and more than enough depth scoring. Toews was a better ES scorer than Getzlaf, and with Kane, Getzlaf's PP advantage wasn't needed. Meanwhile, while Getzlaf isn't a slouch defensively, Toews was simply a better matchup center, more capable of going head to head against the other team's best and coming out ahead. With Kane's line there to take on more offensive assignments, Toews was the better option for how the lines were rolled. Getzlaf is/was a better option as the best player/forward on a team, but Toews was the better option for the Hawks

I never argued as to who would be better for their respective teams.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Getzlaf, but it’s close.. A major individual award could had solidify his superiority over Toews. However, there is more arguments in favor of Toews being better

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Toews this season, Getzlaf in recent years and a toss up for careers (Getzlaf is better offensively but Toews is better defensively) on me thinking Chicago still wins three cups if you trade Toews for Getzlaf. Obviously given each players circumstances Toews has the better career on paper.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Toews is having a better year now. But overall it isn't close.

Getzlaf has had multiple PPG years. Toews has had what..1?

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad