Ryan Getzlaf is flying under the radar

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Crosby has only played 191 of his 1118 minutes at 5 on 5 with Kunitz. Getzlaf played 630 of his 1119 minutes with Perry.

This season perhaps. But Kunitz has been a fixture on LW1 for the better part of the last 4 years. Outside of one pretty good season (Olympic year), Kunitz has been .. lacklustre to say the least.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If Getzlaf would stop having off-days/weeks/months/years people might give him more credit.

This is such a stupid comment. The guy averges 0,95 ppg in both the reg season and the playoffs during his career. 6th in total points in the NHL the last 11 seasons. He has been consistent as hell thru his career in both the reg season and playoffs. He had one bad year in 2011 with 57 points but other than that he has been great pretty much every year.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Getzlaf just had an absolute beast of a season, had 73 points in 74 games and finished with 27 points in his last 16 games, and nobody seems to talk about him. He did all this despite his running mate Corey Perry having the worst season of his career. He's also been playing a really good defensive game. You'd think the best player on possibly the best team in the league would get more love. Ya'll on the east coast needs to stay up and watch the late games.

No chance they would... 7:00 PST is like 10:00 EST

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
They did for the first 2/3 of the year. How Getzlaf managed to put up any kind of points during that time is beyond me, Perry couldn't give or receive passes for the majority of the season.

Crosby has only played 191 of his 1118 minutes at 5 on 5 with Kunitz. Getzlaf played 630 of his 1119 minutes with Perry.

So not the 2/3 you had mentioned previously? Thanks for clearing that up, because it seemed wrong to me, but I deferred to your fandom.

Y'all is short for "you all" though.

Also, Getzlaf and Perry spent a large portion of the year playing together, though Eaves took Perry's spot when they traded for him.

"All y'all" would plural.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Didn't he struggle to score in the first third of the season though? I do remember that. But overall he had a strong season.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I don't watch the Ducks much but watched a few of their games down the stretch and he looked dominant.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So not the 2/3 you had mentioned previously? Thanks for clearing that up, because it seemed wrong to me, but I deferred to your fandom.

"All y'all" would plural.

2/3 was thrown out there off the top of my head because for the most part for the first 2/3s of the year Getzlaf and Perry were on the same line. Obviously they weren't joined at the hip for that portion of the year but they were on the ice together fairly frequently.

Everyone but Fowler, the Kesler line, and Rakell struggled in the first third.

Getzlaf didn't struggled early on. He missed games but he was always scoring at a reasonable rate (he had 25 points his first 27 games). He led the team in points per game the whole year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad