Value of: Ryan Dzingel

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Nice player, but I wonder how he would do without the primo minutes he gets now? I wouldn't risk that he'd produce for the Flames as their 6th best forward like he does for Ottawa as their 3rd best. I'd gauge value around 2nd+4th. 1st is a bit of an overpay I think.

He's 49th (wingers only) in the NHL in terms of points/60 minutes of ice time with 0.43. Considering there are 62 1st line wingers in the league, that would peg him as a 1LW in terms of production, but I watch him every game and he'd be a really really good 2nd line winger on a contender.

For precedent, last year Grabner landed a mid 2nd and a decent prospect, with 25G-6A-31P in 59 games. Dzingel is at 21G-20A-41P through 54, so he should get a little more than Grabner as a rental.

I'd say a late 1st from a contender is fair, but more likely a 2nd and a better prospect. From CGY, I think their 1st makes sense, but if not, then the 2nd and like, Mangiapane (not sure how highly he's valued by CGY but he's almost 23 and can't seem to crack the lineup).

I could also see Calgary moving the 1st+Smith for Dzingel+Anderson. They might need to send a cap dump to Ottawa, which they gladly accept.

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He's 49th (wingers only) in the NHL in terms of points/60 minutes of ice time with 0.43. Considering there are 62 1st line wingers in the league, that would peg him as a 1LW in terms of production, but I watch him every game and he'd be a really really good 2nd line winger on a contender.

For precedent, last year Grabner landed a mid 2nd and a decent prospect, with 25G-6A-31P in 59 games. Dzingel is at 21G-20A-41P through 54, so he should get a little more than Grabner as a rental.

I'd say a late 1st from a contender is fair, but more likely a 2nd and a better prospect.

He would be a good fit for the leafs, but Euge wouldn't allow it.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
Respect to other fanbases who are unfamiliar or skeptical about giving up quality for Dzingle, but maaaaaaaaan will I miss him. Great speed and skill, and has played well on both the 1st and 3rd lines.

Solid on and off the ice. Will be a good addition to a non-dumpster fire team.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
He would be a good fit for the leafs, but Euge wouldn't allow it.

Would he though? You have a comparable in Johnsson, he's basically following a similar career path, but a year behind (also a year younger) than Dzingel.

I hate the leafs, but I think you guys need toughness if you're gonna win a round. Not Dzingel. Boston/Montreal are both built to physically wear teams down in the playoffs. Go for Ferland or Simmonds. Gudas makes more sense as he brings the toughness and helps that very sad right side of defence. But I don't think Dzingel is a good fit in TO

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Nice player, but I wonder how he would do without the primo minutes he gets now? I wouldn't risk that he'd produce for the Flames as their 6th best forward like he does for Ottawa as their 3rd best. I'd gauge value around 2nd+4th. 1st is a bit of an overpay I think.

He did have 23 goals last year with Brassard/Smith as his center which would have put him 1 goal off of second for the Flames. and he was 35th in scoring for his position playing behind Hoffman.

Take it for what it is worth, I would not even think of trading him for less than a decent first rounder if not for the fact I think the Sens are too cheap to pay out the kind of contract he will be commanding.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

Grabner was also a RW and a good chunk of those were empty net goals. LW is less common in the league. Its like RHD, they do command a premium. If you go back 3 years since Dzingel has been in the league he is top 25 in LW goals.

Tatar was older and got a 1/2/3 rounder with marginally better stats (historically), but a contract that was probably more than what he was worth with term. I think its likely a better comparison. Pacioerietty may also be a good example, although it was a trade and sign. High end prospect and a second rounder, but also had to take tatar who was on a downward trend at the time.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The Islanders badly need a LW who can score and he seems like a fit. I hate his $6 million salary ask.
I know he's speedy but Is he first line material?
I'd hate to trade away a first rd pick especially in a saturated market but I believe he would resign and possibly for a little less.
He's only 26 so I expect Ottawa to receive a first rd pick at least.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Fourth period now saying that Dzingle is highly desired. Teams who have inquired are.

Bruins
Lightning
Sharks
Islanders

Among others

Let the bidding begin saturday! That's apparently the deadline that dorion has set

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
2nd+Prospect ala Grabner and Kane last season (although Kane's was a conditional pick).

Sens only hope for getting a 1st would be leveraging Dzingel's cap hit to a team like Dallas who are tight to the cap and thus won't have any better options.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Fourth period now saying that Dzingle is highly desired. Teams who have inquired are.

Bruins
Lightning
Sharks
Islanders

Among others

Let the bidding begin saturday! That's apparently the deadline that dorion has set

Quantity of interest doesn't equal quality of interest.

He is likely highly desired because of the perception that he won't cost as much as a more premium rental.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get a 1st for him if we deal him, but it doesn't seem likely when it looks to be a buyer's market for the 2nd tier of wingers.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Quantity of interest doesn't equal quality of interest.

He is likely highly desired because of the perception that he won't cost as much as a more premium rental.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get a 1st for him if we deal him, but it doesn't seem likely when it looks to be a buyer's market for the 2nd tier of wingers.

I couldn't agree more

But when Boyle gets a second round pick... I think if we settle on a second it's going to include a nice prospect or another pick third rounder or something

Duchene and stone are going to get really nice returns. I personally think dzingle is the best scoring option besides the top 3 ufas in panarin dutchy and stone.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Ryan Dzingel
Ryan Zdingel
Ryan Dizngel
Ryan Dinzgel
Ryan Dingzel
Ryan Dingezl
Ryan Dingelz

Gotta love a guy with a floating Z,

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The number of teams interested could spike value to a first. More likely a choice prospect and second seems like accepted value. I'd have to imagine he gets the best the market will bare for Ottawa given the fact the secrets out about their intentions this deadline day.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
He is 100% a winger.
I’d probably add to that ... if he is in the top 6 he is a winger. If he is in the bottom 6 he has played some centre, and he does take faceoffs on the PK

Best assets on Dzingel is his low cap hit. $450k left on his deal this year. Leafs, Penguins or Bruins would work - all the teams Ottawa don’t want to deal with.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
The Islanders badly need a LW who can score and he seems like a fit. I hate his $6 million salary ask.
I know he's speedy but Is he first line material?
I'd hate to trade away a first rd pick especially in a saturated market but I believe he would resign and possibly for a little less.
He's only 26 so I expect Ottawa to receive a first rd pick at least.

If you put him with Barzal he could score 30. 1st line material no doubt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad