Value of: Ryan Dzingel

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I don't think Dzingel plays center. He could be a trade deadline target for Columbus, but I don't think he'd be near the top of the wish-list. If Columbus is targeting anyone from Ottawa, it better be Duchene (there's your center depth) or Stone.

I’m assuming CBJ wouldn’t have a chance at landing either Stone or Duchene (obviously would happily welcome either.). With Dzingel being an OSU alumnus and having a career year he can breathe life into the bottom six (or compete for a second line spot.).

I just don’t know what have return would be for a player in his position with his FA approaching.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Nash is probably a non-starter from Ottawa.

2nd and a prospect likely gets it done, although I'm holding out hope one of the top contenders moves their 1st for him.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I think he can get a low first. simmonds/zuccarelo are getting old/not their selves. that leaves panarin/stone/duchene as big rentals. assuming one of stone/duchene stays that leaves only 2 high end rentals. whoever loses out on them will look for players in the next tier. dzingel already has 19 goals so far so good chance someone will get desperate.

Knowing dorion he'll probably settle for a 2nd.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don’t think Ottawa would take Riley Nash in a deal where they move out a valuable rental. If they were to it would take more than a pick to entice Ottawa to take him. For starters they would be looking to get a first. Whether or not that happens is a different story but certainly feasible.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think he can get a low first. simmonds/zuccarelo are getting old/not their selves. that leaves panarin/stone/duchene as big rentals. assuming one of stone/duchene stays that leaves only 2 high end rentals. whoever loses out on them will look for players in the next tier. dzingel already has 19 goals so far so good chance someone will get desperate.

Knowing dorion he'll probably settle for a 2nd.

Nyqvist Hayes and Nelson are options too although of the 2nd tier guys (Simm/Zuc/Dzi/Nyqvist/Hayes/Nelson) I think those three guys are the most likely to sign with their current teams... especially the latter two

As for @lilfedor's proposal.... I would do Dzingel for Nash + 1st but only if we cant get a 1st straight up from another team... not really interested in Nash as an addition

Milano + pick is enticing but would depend on the pick and other offers...why has Milano failed to stick? He looked good last yr... I expected him to take a step fwd this yr

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
What CBJ prospects would be off the table for Dzingel?

I see him getting a prospect and a 2nd/3rd (depends on how good the prospect is)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I want at least a late 1st for him,guy is a lock for 20 goals a year and has great speed ....

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Ironically he'd be a great fit for the Leafs to replace Marleau but it'll never happen.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
2nd + Bear

Add a 2nd in 2020 if he comes signed

Very very very strong offer, a no brainer for me. We need RD and the Edmonton 2nd could fall anywhere between 40-62 at this point, and the conditional pick really tips the scales

To CBJ for Abramov and a 3rd?

Not too enticing to me personally... don't adore Abramov. Switch it to Texier or Marchenko and I would consider it a very strong offer. Upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd and I would consider it too, but would rather Texier or Marchenko and a later pick. Foudy is very appealing to me too but I suspect that is a no-go

Ironically he'd be a great fit for the Leafs to replace Marleau but it'll never happen.

Why not? We have made deals with you guys in the past. The biggest hurdle I see is that you guys are less likely to re-sign him than some other teams and would therefore be less likely to really pony up the assets, but beyond that I see no reason why we wouldnt trade him your way

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hes on pace for almost 40 goals. However being a UFA hes a deadline rental .

A first or a 2nd and solid prospect in all likelihood

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
Dzingel annual cap hit is 1.8M, meaning the cap hit at the deadline is around 25% of that amount.

Lots of contenders who want to add in their top 9 will want him.

A bidding war will begin and Ottawa should be able to get a late 1st and a prospect.
If not it’s because they’ve identified a prospect that they like better + 2nd.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Why do people keep saying dzingel doesn't play center , when his hockey profile has him listed as a Center? He might not be playing center in Ottowa enough , but I'm sure he has played center especially if he is listed as a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad