Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What an unbelievable game he had against Florida.

Looked like a legitimate 1st line star player.Insane speed, vision, and hands.

Our next Stone/Hoffman find?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What an unbelievable game he had against Florida.

Looked like a legitimate 1st line star player.Insane speed, vision, and hands.

Our next Stone/Hoffman find?

I sure hope so. With MacArthur gone we desperately need an internal top 6 find. Dzingel seems to be that and could be much more.

He was ridiculous against Florida. Split/got passed the D like 3 times. I completely forgot about the post he hit against Luongo too.

I was also high on Dzingel after watching some of his games in the NCAA and his performances through his first 2 camps but now it's actually legit.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Was our best forward in the pre-season and that has continued for 18 games.

Kid makes Karlsson and Hoffman look slow. He might be one of the best skaters in the league.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Agreed.He looks like McDavid on some plays effortlessly skating past everyone creating something from nothing. Easily our fastest player.

He's got that star confidence too. it's refreshing to see. I hope to Alfie he keeps it up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giphy1.gif

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I sure hope so. With MacArthur gone we desperately need an internal top 6 find. Dzingel seems to be that and could be much more.

He was ridiculous against Florida. Split/got passed the D like 3 times. I completely forgot about the post he hit against Luongo too.

I was also high on Dzingel after watching some of his games in the NCAA and his performances through his first 2 camps but now it's actually legit.

He made that crazy no-look between the legs pass from behind the net too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If he changes to black tape I bet you see some more goals. Will hide the puck better.

Iffy theory.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I dont think he has the shooting or playmaking to be a star/1st liner. Great speed. Good hands. Plays smart. Not 1st line talent imo.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I see him being a great third line player who can fill in as a top 6 player.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I agree.

I think some are just so accustomed to mediocrity that any semblance of high skill is immediately latched upon and praised. Could be a great long term 3rd liner that can bring speed to the top 6 if needed.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think Dzingel can be a 2nd line winger who can terrorize other team's defencemen with his speed, puck handling and shot. Forget "terrorize" as I just wanted to be ultra-positive about him! Change it to "make them back off the blueline" thus giving him easier D-zone entries! :)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
To continue my Hagelin comparison. People consider him a tweener because of his point totals.

LZb93W5.png

Hagelin is a legit top 6er but never puts up 50+ points because he never gets PP time throughout his career. Hagelin has a total of 13 minutes on the PP in his entire time as a Pen and 0 PP points.

Dzingel will be an even strength monster just Hagelin.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dont think he has the shooting or playmaking to be a star/1st liner. Great speed. Good hands. Plays smart. Not 1st line talent imo.

He definitely has the playmaking, imo. But shooting is also necessary to be 1st liner, if you aren't very big, and I don't think its there.

I agree that he'll be a solid second liner like Hagelin. A guy who can be absolutely instumental in the playoffs.

But imo he has far better handling than Hagelin can even think of. Hagelin is brilliant straight line player but Dzingel has tremendous about of stick-handling ability.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I want to see more out of him, as in for longer stretches, before believing he has what it takes to be top 6.

So far, so good.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I want to see more out of him, as in for longer stretches, before believing he has what it takes to be top 6.

So far, so good.

Agreed.

Post-January is the real test. That's usually when young guys tend to cool down and hit the mid-season slump. If he manages to work his way through that and still looks like the real deal by the end of the season, then we're sitting pretty.

JesseHenry9

Jun 4, 2015
Agreed.He looks like McDavid on some plays effortlessly skating past everyone creating something from nothing. Easily our fastest player.

He's got that star confidence too. it's refreshing to see. I hope to Alfie he keeps it up.

I couldn't agree more, him and McDavid are players who can skate incredibly fast with and without the puck while being able to shift from one direction to another on a dime. He is so good at keeping his feet moving while already flying. I'm sure you can agree to this that the more he plays games in the NHL, the more he recognizes how he can use his killer speed to burn guys and make plays. I can't wait to see where he is at in March or so.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't think Dzingel will be a 1st liner

To continue my Hagelin comparison. People consider him a tweener because of his point totals.

LZb93W5.png

Hagelin is a legit top 6er but never puts up 50+ points because he never gets PP time throughout his career. Hagelin has a total of 13 minutes on the PP in his entire time as a Pen and 0 PP points.

Dzingel will be an even strength monster just Hagelin.

Ya me too I have been comparing Dzingel to Hagelin for a while

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=120481425&postcount=19

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
One of the best things about Dzingel is he actually uses his speed to make really nice plays on the backcheck.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He's so cool with the puck, has the patience on a top player. Reminds me of Dany Briere, same type of offense.

He seems to have chemistry with everybody as well, every line he's on produces.

He looks like a Baseball player.

Confidence is such an underrated quality sometimes. All these kids need some time is something good to happen...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad