Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think that's getting a bit carried away. I see him as a capable depth top 6/9 winger who has the potential ( if everything goes right ) to hit a high of 20g / 40pts.

I'd be pretty happy with that. That's solid production from him.

I do agree that, at this point, I'd prefer to keep him over Lazar.

Dzingel has shown far more offensive skills than Lazar has. He has passed Lazar and I suspect he will remain in the top 6. Lazar may become a third liner if he can improve his offensive skills but seems to be a 4th liner at the moment.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Dzingel doesn't have the hands to score more than 20 goals. He can pot you 10 to 20, with some double digit assist. Basically I see a 30 to 40 player. He might break 40 in his best year.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Dzingel doesn't have the hands to score more than 20 goals. He can pot you 10 to 20, with some double digit assist. Basically I see a 30 to 40 player. He might break 40 in his best y7ear.

He's got something that is vital in today's hockey.

Speed (and the willingness/tenacity to use it).

If Ryan had Dzingel's wheels and intensity, he could probably be a ppg player.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Dzingel isn't nearly as skilled as Ryan.

I think he has 50 point potential.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dzingel has playmaking, vision and speed up there with the norm of top liners. He also has great hands. The only knock so far is his goal-scoring. He has had like 7 breakaways he's missed.... but at the same time he is the reason for generating those breakaways.

I still wanna see more of him because I think he has another level to his game.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yip, might be the fastest player on the team. We need more like him. You can tell his forecheck is really good because of it.

Dzingel has playmaking, vision and speed up there with the norm of top liners. He also has great hands. The only knock so far is his goal-scoring. He has had like 7 breakaways he's missed.... but at the same time he is the reason for generating those breakaways.

I still wanna see more of him because I think he has another level to his game.

I don't see it. I see very average at best hands, and an average at best shot. That is what will keep him from becoming more than a high 30's player.

He reminds me so much of Hoffman in the 2013-2014 season.

The only thing that reminds me of Hoffman is the speed. His shot is not even close to Hoffman's.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Who do you protect...Lazar or Dzingel?

Dzingel for me imo. Lazar's upside has been trending down year by year, and I see more of a 15/15 solid third liner nowadays.

Dzingel isn't porous defensively, and has game breaking speed. He will be a top 6'er albeit the 5th or 6th guy up there. Still more value imo. I can see him hovering between 40-50 points over the new few years.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We could waive Lazar when we were able to and I wouldn't bat an eyelash

Same, dude isn't even a good 4th liner. Exhibit A of why you don't draft for "character" and "leadership".

Prince is so much better than him, yet for some inexplicable reason we traded him and now have to play guys like Robinson, Varone, and McCormick in the roster.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Past to present player comparisons:
Hoff is Heatley clapbombs
Stone is Canadian Alfie
Brass is 1/3 a Spezza
Pager - Mini speedy Fisher
Dz is young Vermette
Turris is 1/2 a spezza (better defense, less blind passes)
Lazar(finished product) - hopefully a fisher
Logan Brown - Yashin/Hossa-ish?
Colin White - Havlat?
Thomas Chabot - wade redden but better offensively?

These are awful.

Hoffman is a speedster. Heatley was slow.
Fisher was a physical beast. Pageau isn't.
White is a 2 way monster. Havlat was a one dimensional dangler.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-still-odds-nhl-olympic-participation/

16. Ottawa’s Ryan Dzingel turns 25 in March. At the end of this season, he’ll have played three pro seasons. If the Senators don’t get him to 80 career NHL games, Dzingel was going to be a Group VI unrestricted free agent.

He’s got 24 to go. With 14 points in 26 games this season, safe to say he’ll get there.
________

No injuries please

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-still-odds-nhl-olympic-participation/

16. Ottawa’s Ryan Dzingel turns 25 in March. At the end of this season, he’ll have played three pro seasons. If the Senators don’t get him to 80 career NHL games, Dzingel was going to be a Group VI unrestricted free agent.

He’s got 24 to go. With 14 points in 26 games this season, safe to say he’ll get there.
________

No injuries please

I wonder if there's exceptions for a player who get hurt when the team fully intends to play him past the threshold?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dzingel becoming a UFA as a result of injuries isn't as bad of a situation as it looks on paper. He's looked very good at times, but most teams aren't going to drive up the market price on a 25 year old who would have had 26 productive games before getting hurt. He might attract some attention because of his speed, but it isn't like someone is gonna rationally come out and offer the guy 5x5.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Dzingel becoming a UFA as a result of injuries isn't as bad of a situation as it looks on paper. He's looked very good at times, but most teams aren't going to drive up the market price on a 25 year old who would have had 26 productive games before getting hurt. He might attract some attention because of his speed, but it isn't like someone is gonna rationally come out and offer the guy 5x5.

Agreed... but even just a little inflation is killer

Friedman reported today the Sens wanted to claim Purcell but have no money in the budget.

Got to count every penny with this club

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed... but even just a little inflation is killer

Friedman reported today the Sens wanted to claim Purcell but have no money in the budget.

Got to count every penny with this club

Is that what he said? They wanted to claim him?
14. Teddy Purcell not being picked up on waivers seems purely a budget/cap decision. The Kings let it be known they were willing to trade him, as long as they did not take a contract back in return. That didn’t work.

There are so many teams tight to the cap, they didn’t have room. The Ottawa Senators have space and Purcell played for Guy Boucher in Tampa Bay, but that’s a budget issue.

Where does it say we wanted to but we couldn't

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The Ottawa Senators have space and Purcell played for Guy Boucher in Tampa Bay, but that’s a budget issue.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Who do you protect...Lazar or Dzingel?

Dzingel for me imo. Lazar's upside has been trending down year by year, and I see more of a 15/15 solid third liner nowadays.

Dzingel isn't porous defensively, and has game breaking speed. He will be a top 6'er albeit the 5th or 6th guy up there. Still more value imo. I can see him hovering between 40-50 points over the new few years.

Keep both and expose Ryan

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The Ottawa Senators have space and Purcell played for Guy Boucher in Tampa Bay, but that’s a budget issue.

Friedman tends to speculate. We know we have space and we know he played with Boucher. And we know we have a budget. It doesn't mean we were necessarily interested in adding Purcell.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

And maybe there is another player they want and keeping our options open is better than adding a marginal player?

Naahh, we are just poor cause if we weren't we'd just add every player we could like every other teams all the time.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Underrated. Gets chances but can't finish, but that'll change next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->