Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Wouldn’t mind him going to Providence for a month

Make him put up great numbers and earn a call up

Heinen is the much better all around player currently and deserves a lineup spot

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I thought he looked good today. Still not the strongest guy in the battles but his skating and skil were much more evident. Easily could have had a point if Backes finishes off that pass.

Reactions: Flannelman

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He hasn't looked ready for NHL from day 1 pre season. Out of position, weak battling puck, and not showing good positioning. Now you have guys like Heinen sitting out or Cehlariks being pushed down in favour of a player who should have started the season in the AHL or the very least have been sent down by now.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
He hasn't looked ready for NHL from day 1 pre season. Out of position, weak battling puck, and not showing good positioning. Now you have guys like Heinen sitting out or Cehlariks being pushed down in favour of a player who should have started the season in the AHL or the very least have been sent down by now.
I have to agree with most of this but I guess his pure goal scoring ability is getting him extra chances.

Reactions: Blowfish

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The good and bad of Donato on display in the first period.

Makes a nice play in the offensive zone keeping the puck in, makes a sick move, walks into the slot, but unfortunately puts the shot right into Smith’s chest.

Follows that up on the next shift by coming down low in the D zone to cover his man (good). Then he gets the puck below the goal line with two forecheckers on him and instead of banging it off boards or glass, he tries the same dangle move he did earlier that worked in the O zone, loses the puck and it turns into a good scoring opportunity.

If he could spend all his time on the ice on the PP or in the offensive zone, he would be great, but I’m not a fan of his defensive play.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Makes a nice play in the offensive zone keeping the puck in, makes a sick move, walks into the slot, but unfortunately puts the shot right into Smith’s chest.

Follows that up on the next shift by coming down low in the D zone to cover his man (good). Then he gets the puck below the goal line with two forecheckers on him and instead of banging it off boards or glass, he tries the same dangle move he did earlier that worked in the O zone, loses the puck and it turns into a good scoring opportunity.

If he could spend all his time on the ice on the PP or in the offensive zone, he would be great, but I’m not a fan of his defensive play.
Dan Heinen never would have done that.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Donato tonite had one good chance early that Mike Smith made the save on.Donato made his own shot with a quick move backhand to forehand and let a real serious NHL shot go fast as anyone.The issues with his game though are playing responsible in all zones away from the puck.Not sure if he will ever be that player but i am sure he has great hands and is better option on pp then Bjork.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I was sitting right in front of him at blueline on that shot in chest move you are talking about and you described it bang on.Other play was to far away for me to comment on but i believe you .lol

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Donato tonite had one good chance early that Mike Smith made the save on.Donato made his own shot with a quick move backhand to forehand and let a real serious NHL shot go fast as anyone.The issues with his game though are playing responsible in all zones away from the puck.Not sure if he will ever be that player but i am sure he has great hands and is better option on pp then Bjork.

He is playing with a turtle is the issue. Time for Bjork Heinen Donato line.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was sitting right in front of him at blueline on that shot in chest move you are talking about and you described it bang on.Other play was to far away for me to comment on but i believe you .lol

I know I’m biased about Heinen and definitely want him in the lineup, but I’m not making shit up to justify it. I try to base my posts and opinions on actual events in games, not figments of my imagination :laugh:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Providence is exactly where he needs to go. He needs to take a little time to develop his game at a lower level.

At this point, he needs to be working a lot harder to get goals and he seems rather content in letting other guys do the work, hoping that he gets set up with a slam dunk opportunity 20 feet out from the top of the crease. Considering we are desperately seeking assertiveness from pretty much every line aside from the top one, he needs to get his head right.

He doesn’t look like he’s developed any skills for avoiding hits and therefore he is scared to go places where physical contact is a possibility. The few times I’ve seen him become engaged physically, he folds immediately.

Kid has an offensive touch, but has so, so, so much more to learn if he’s going to be an effective NHL player.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He goes to the AHL and passes Seny on the way up. We need size and net drives and a natural right wing player.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He goes to the AHL and passes Seny on the way up. We need size and net drives and a natural right wing player.

This wouldn’t be the craziest thing. If the coaching staff likes what Nordstrom brings to that line, Senyshyn can do the same things and is better offensively.

They probably wouldn’t make this move until they returned from the trip. In the meantime, try this:

63-37-43/10
74-46-88
20-42-10/43
52-14-55

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think people need to remember these young guys need time to figure it out. Look at Pasta, the points have been there the last few years, but his 3-zone game was/is still a work in progress. This year I'll say Pasta looks like a completely different player and if manages to be like Marchy defensively, it might be the greatest gift (outside of a cup) that Bergy has given this team.

With that, this is Pasta 5th year in the NHL. Think about that, as insanely talented and elite as Pasta is, it took him 4 years to really figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad