Confirmed with Link: Ryan Carter will be in Devils camp

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Have to think a trade is imminent. Hard to believe Carter would willingly go into a camp w/o any kind of contract security (verbal agreement in place?) when he definitely has options elsewhere most likely.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Carter very easily could have had a contract from another team by now. I guess Lou told him to wait it out so he can clear some room and get him a contract? Just very Bizarre

Status Quo*

*Oprah Picture*

You get an invite, you get an invite, EVERYONE GETS AN INVITE!

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Great news, but it's kind of weird how he's saying this all in definitives, but cites no sources at all. I obviously believe him though.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
whats so wrong about having an open competition for the forth line?

carter is a likeable player and can throw em if he has to, hope he finds a spot on the team.

Would you rather go back to having Sestito and Janssen as our injury call ups?

Don't get me wrong, I like Carter but having him there is just going to give Pete the itch to reunite CBGB and then Josefson gets left out in the cold, as usual. Plus, I'm not thrilled with the possibility of having to deal a more useful player (Ryder, Brunner, Zubrus) so a 4th liner can come back.

All we had to do was let go Bernier and Gionta and then there wouldn't be any problems with roster sports but here we are with 5 lines.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Don't get me wrong, I like Carter but having him there is just going to give Pete the itch to reunite CBGB and then Josefson gets left out in the cold, as usual. Plus, I'm not thrilled with the possibility of having to deal a more useful player (Ryder, Brunner, Zubrus) so a 4th liner can come back.

All we had to do was let go Bernier and Gionta and then there wouldn't be any problems with roster sports but here we are with 5 lines.

we can and we will let Bernier go

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Our forward depth has been **** the last two years, and now people aren't happy because we have too much depth. Given the injury history of Clowe and Havlat, and the miles on Jagr, Elias, and Zubrus I would think having a couple extra forwards would be a good idea.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's about quality not quantity Mad. And really, in order to have quality depth, they need to start drafting and developing some NHL caliber forwards.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Carter would have gone somewhere else if there wasn't a handshake agreement with Lou. he WILL be on the team. Now it's only a matter of trade vs. waivers to make room.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's about quality not quantity Mad. And really, in order to have quality depth, they need to start drafting and developing some NHL caliber forwards.

I understand that, but given the question marks we have with age/health, I don't think it's a terrible idea to have extra forwards. Plus it might just light a fire under some players ***** to know they've got competition and aren't guaranteed playing time.

I also think some people are just assuming certain players make the team. Bernier is basically on a tryout like Gomez is. I could easily see neither of them making it. I could also see one of Ryder/Brunner being moved. Which would open up a spot for Carter. Plus who knows what happens with Boucher/Matteau. Maybe one of them has an amazing camp and forces somebody else off the team. Let's just wait and see what happens in camp.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
You have to think a trade is upcoming right?

Unless Lou has gone all John Idzik and preaching "competition" and let the best man win the jobs, which is fine by me.

Really wonder what is going on with Gelinas as yet another defenseman is being brought in in addition to the Severson's, Kaberle's etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad