Ryan Carter (2-way, $725,000)

P10p

May 15, 2012
Feel like GMCF signed Bickell for toughness in the AHL and was like "WTF He actually wants this guy on our big squad!?!? Somethings gotta be done about this!!:shakehead"

*Calls Ryan Carter* :yo:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
White Bear Lake's very own!

"but I went to high school at White Bear Lake"....how has that clip not been posted by someone yet? *Shocked*

enjoy never losing to the Rangers by having him

and I have tickets to that game. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :handclap:

I don't mind these signings. Look forward to seeing him opening night which seems to be the case here from some of the interviews I've seen.

awstaf

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I like the signing for what it is. He's a solid 4th liner that brings a tiny bit of talent alongside his ability to hit. He's what a 4th liner should be, and the price tag is respectable, unlike the prior 4th liners that Fletcher has signed.

But most importantly, he removes Bickel from the picture for the time being. That might change if Brodziak or Ballard are shipped out, but until then, Bickel and his uselessness are away from the ice due to this signing.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
If we can find a team to take Brodziak, I really like this move. Obviously Carter is much cheaper than Brodz and more suited to a 4th line role (based on salary, physicality, and TOI). I also like it because it would allow us to mix and match with Almond on the 4th line, assuming he's called up, who I feel should have made the team anyway.

I think the writing is on the wall right now for Brodziak especially and maybe Ballard too. Both have played themselves out of bigger roles on this team and the youth movement is pushing them farther and farther down the depth chart.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I like this signing.

Yeah me too. People seem to be making this more complicated than it needs to be. Look at the players likely to play the same role he fills. Almond, Veilluex, and Bickel. He is better than every one of them, and it's not close. No matter which way you look at it, he's an upgrade. No way this should be viewed as anything but a positive.

Whiskers*

How many Minnesota guys do we need on our team. Is this the Gophers or the Wild. There is a reason that Schrads, Bickel, Prosser, Carter, Ballard, got released. They are no good folks !! Vanek with Minnesota ties, Fontaine with ties, Parise with ties. Do all our players have to have ties to this state?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
How many Minnesota guys do we need on our team. Is this the Gophers or the Wild. There is a reason that Schrads, Bickel, Prosser, Carter, Ballard, got released. They are no good folks !! Vanek with Minnesota ties, Fontaine with ties, Parise with ties. Do all our players have to have ties to this state?

There are a lot of Minnesotans that play hockey. Law of averages and all that stuff.

There are more better Minnesotans that don't play for the Wild.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Yeah we totally should have turned Parise and Vanek away. Can't have too many natives on the roster!!

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site

They all play pro hockey in Minnesota. So i guess all our players have MN ties.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Fontaine is Canadian, Vanek is Austrian...they happened to play college in Minnesota which has FIVE D-I college teams. There are going to be a LOT of quality former college players to ignore if you choose to ignore them just because they have loose Minnesota ties.

I for one don't care about whether they have ties here or not. If they can help the team, then so be it.

You can't tell me that having Ballard as a 7th or 8th D-man is a bad thing.

Ignore where they're from PERIOD on whether you want them here or not. Minnesota ties shouldn't even be worth mentioning when deciding if a player is good or bad for the team.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I doubt that any of the players were acquired because of ties to Minnesota beyond their own decisions.

I have issues with Bickel and Ballard on the roster but that has nothing to do with Minnesota. It has to do with them sucking terribly.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Russo said on kfan that they got carter because he is an upgrade over bickel not is exact words.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
After 2 games does anyone want to complain still? Carter can skate is physical,sticks up for teammates and isn't a liability with the puck. All that plus he's a 2 time cup winner at the price of 700k. Absolutely a good move by Fletcher. How it's even debatable is ridiculous. Especially given the alternatives that would be on that line had we not made the move.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
He needs to lessen his PIMs and he is good in my books. Definetly better than Bickel.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
After 2 games does anyone want to complain still? Carter can skate is physical,sticks up for teammates and isn't a liability with the puck. All that plus he's a 2 time cup winner at the price of 700k. Absolutely a good move by Fletcher. How it's even debatable is ridiculous. Especially given the alternatives that would be on that line had we not made the move.

Except he will be sent down once Fontaine comes back regardless. He is an upgrade over Bickel, but that fourth line shouldn't be made up of Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell type players. Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine was a great 3rd line last year and to have them as your 4th line is incredible.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Except he will be sent down once Fontaine comes back regardless. He is an upgrade over Bickel, but that fourth line shouldn't be made up of Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell type players. Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine was a great 3rd line last year and to have them as your 4th line is incredible.

He's an upgrade over anyone else we have while Fontaine was out is my point. If he gets sent down so be it. I'm not 100 percent that it won't be Bickel or Perhaps even Dumba going down but let's say your right and Carter goes down..He's on a two way..doesn't hurt us one bit.

In the mean time for 700k Ryan Carter helps us more than Bickel having to be in the lineup or Veilluex/Almond being here. So there's nothing for anyone to complain about was my point,solid depth pick up. Nothing more nothing less

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad