Ryan Callahan joins NHL network on-air line up as Studio Analyst

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
here come all the cap cirumvention comments.....disc herniation was a fabrication by multiple doctors colluding in this scheme I suppose

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He did some work on NHL network during the World Cup a few years back. They must of liked his work, so are giving him an opportunity. I always thought he’d go more the route of coaching and development. But Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing one of my favorite former players still around the game and talking about the teams I follow.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He did some work on NHL network during the World Cup a few years back. They must of liked his work, so are giving him an opportunity. I always thought he’d go more the route of coaching and development. But Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing one of my favorite former players still around the game and talking about the teams I follow.
Probably more relaxing to prepare at home and do some commentary for a few hours a week than to work on practice drills, video and be in team meetings, staff meetings every day - let alone road trips.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably more relaxing to prepare at home and do some commentary for a few hours a week than to work on practice drills, video and be in team meetings, staff meetings every day - let alone road trips.

I wonder if this will be for just this year. I know him and the lightning both expressed interest for him to return for a position in the organization, which couldn’t happen till he officially retires, which leaves me to...

I don’t honestly know what my solution would be here but I just don’t think it’s right that a guy who makes up over 8% of the Ottawa Senators’ cap hit this season is an analyst for NHL Network.

He is working for the NHL, there is nothing wrong with it. He did work with the NHL network a few years ago for the World Cup, and he was under contract with Tampa. I think it’s better than him just sitting home at least he will be doing work for the league. It’s the playing rights that Ottawa owns, they don’t own the person.

Just to add, he is still able to do work with his charity which occurs around Tampa, and the NHL gig is a neutral position. If he were to work for Tampa, while still under contract with Ottawa, that would be a conflict of interest and not allowed.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why do people get so hot and bothered that he's injured too much to play hockey, is still entitled to the money from the lightning because that's how NHL contracts work (insurance is paying him anyway), and he gets a job he can actually do? Some people like working and feel a need to be actively pursuing something, whether it be a Stanley Cup or a long broadcasting career.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Should bring some nice grit and energy to the NHL Network's broadcast team. Heart and soul guy. Good in the room. Network could go all the way this year if he gels there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad