Confirmed with Link: Ryan Bourque to Washington for F Chris Brown

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hurray Ryan and Chris Bourque are reunited once again.

Guessing this is a thank you of sorts from the Rangers for Ryan playing in Hartford for such a long time.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I really don't get the inclination to be like "who?" instead of just looking it up. Cmon people. You're already on the Internet.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I mean...

This trade has no effect on the Rangers really, but like, why trade for a worse player? Why trade Hartfords captain when they're pushing for the playoffs?

I don't get it.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Not sure how his rap skills will transition to hockey. Our GM has done ok after coming over from NASCAR so maybe theres a chance.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
"ARE YOU SERIOUS? **** This stupid ***** organization. Our FO is so *****....im done them and this entire POS organization. I cannot believe we made this trade... Un flippin real."

-The default response of NYR fans when not sure what to make of a deal

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I mean...

This trade has no effect on the Rangers really, but like, why trade for a worse player? Why trade Hartfords captain when they're pushing for the playoffs?

I don't get it.

Gives the indication that they don't give a **** either way haha. Also seems like they didn't like Borque, was skipped over for callups time and time again

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Can someone fill us in the actual "pros" to this trade? Honestly, no sarcasm involved.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Likely meaningless deal . They obviously don't think Bourque is worth a contract next year . Will likely be like his bro . Play a few nhl games but mainly an ahl career

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean...

I don't get it.

The guy Brown has been a good AHL scorer in the past. I don't know that he's a "worse" player than Bourque. They seem pretty even, except Brown is basically twice Bourque's size.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I mean...

I don't get it.

Most likely Ryan asked to be moved and the Rangers obliged. Won't be the first or last AHLer the Rangers do this for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad