EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Big Games Vitaly they call him.

Couple years ago he had a huge playoffs too

Reactions: bl02

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
No reason he can’t headline a package, if the NYR choose to move him, for a solid center. Eichel? He’s definitely good enough.
Not a center, and I think the team would likely ask for a center back if it's Eichel, Look at dubois, took Laine to get him despite Laine being the bigger offensive contributor.

Not shitting on kravtsov btw think he's a potential 35+ scorer just that I think teams giving up #1 center expect to get a potential one back

Reactions: Anthony5967

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Not a center, and I think the team would likely ask for a center back if it's Eichel, Look at dubois, took Laine to get him despite Laine being the bigger offensive contributor.

Not shitting on kravtsov btw think he's a potential 35+ scorer just that I think teams giving up #1 center expect to get a potential one back
No I understand. Agree with you.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No reason he can’t headline a package, if the NYR choose to move him, for a solid center. Eichel? He’s definitely good enough.

He can headline a package for a solid center, but if he's the headline name for Eichel, it's going to cost no less than another 2-3 assets who don't have that much less value than him, and be a quantity over quality package. I think Buffalo's going to get a lot less for Eichel than fans and media think, but I don't think it's going to be something like Kravtsov+Strome+Georgiyev for Eichel. If Kravtsov headlines it, it's probably like Kravtsov+1st+Georgiyev+Robertson in a market where Buffalo has no leverage because he's requested a trade and they get pretty bad offers with teams knowing they'll have to trade him.

If not for Eichel, I think he can headline a package for a solid center, but if it's Kravtsov+lesser asset, how much better is that center going to be than what we already have? I almost feel like if its not someone like Eichel/Barkov, what's the point? Ranger fans talked about before the season like the problem at center was what comes after Zibanejad. The problem has been Zibanejad. The players who come after him have been good.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seems like the kid plays better in the playoffs than the regular season. Today's game was physical and pretty intense. Goal and an assist.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov has 9 points in 9 games against Ufa in the play offs in his career.

Among players aged 21 and younger he now ranks 3rd all time in play off points with 17 trailing only Kaprizov and Kuznetsov.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Seems like the kid plays better in the playoffs than the regular season. Today's game was physical and pretty intense. Goal and an assist.

And this was what was highlighted in his draft year and his D+1 year. When the lights shine brightest, he plays his best games. KHL play offs and WJC being the most notable examples.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I hope he's given a legitimate shot this year, but I'm worried he'll come over with all this momentum just to be buried by David Quinn and never get out of his doghouse.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope he's given a legitimate shot this year, but I'm worried he'll come over with all this momentum just to be buried by David Quinn and never get out of his doghouse.

I don’t see where he’d play, so I’m not sure we should put this on the coach, if he doesn’t immediately have a regular top 9 spot when coming over.

I think the idea would be that he plays 3RW. However, Blackwell has been a huge surprise, and would really have to fall off hugely in the next few weeks for that. He’d been on PP1 and the top six in recent weeks. Yesterday was a good start for that, but I think it’d need to continue.

And then there’s an open question whether he’d be a better player to insert into the lineup than Barron, whose lighting it up in the AHL. Both have those performance bonuses the team doesn’t want to have to account for on the roster, so I would think either would have to be a big improvement on what we already have to make the team carry them.

Also, even if Blackwell gets demoted, Kravtsov is preferred to Barron, along with someone else like Gauthier for 3RW, does it make sense to carry a player in that spot whose not going to play on either the PP or PK? There’s no room on the PP for him, which you’d think would be his strength in the NHL to begin with. I see someone like Barron being a lot more useful because he could PK, he’s more physically NHL ready, and he might also be the better player right now.

Let’s not forget that Kravtsov had a very average KHL season. He was below .5PPG. He’s started the playoffs well, which is important, but that doesn’t make his regular season irrelevant. He needs to prove he deserves minutes. He doesn’t get it because he was a first round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad